Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I looked through forum and may have missed this issue. I appreciate this group for being so helpful and sharing their knowledge and expertise. I just attempted to take my 2006 675 out of winter storage. It ran fine in December. When I turn the key to on, there is no sound (I assume fuel pump is the normal sound). The dash illuminates, but no specific items light up, except for the oil light (photo attached). The headlights can be put to high and that indicator lights up. Any help is greatly appreciated as there is no dealer or service provider within 100 miles/167 km, so I probably need to fix this myself.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't see the neutral light glowing on the dash. Is it in gear? I only ask cause mine has thrown me into 'broken bike rage' before realizing it's in gear with the kick stand down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see the neutral light glowing on the dash. Is it in gear? I only ask cause mine has thrown me into 'broken bike rage' before realizing it's in gear with the kick stand down.
I thought that might be the case too. I worked the shifter and it eventually was in neutral. I did have the clutch in as well during attempted starts. How do I check the kick stand switch if that could be the problem?

·
Registered
817 Posts
There's an electrical fault if that's all you dash displays. Disconnect the battery altogether, and put the jumper leads from the car battery to your bike (in effect using your car battery as a bike battery) and try again. Your battery may have an internal short.

Reactions: Far Canal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked the fuses and they are ok. I did not check the relays, and am not sure how to do that. I will try to hook it straight to my car battery today. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I am likely an idiot. On second time through I found the turn signal 10 amp fuse 4 burned out. I replaced and it appears to be working, however the new battery I bought needs to charge. Thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Now the question becomes why did the fuse burn out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now the question becomes why did the fuse burn out?
Good point. I noticed the wire that connects to the horn had damaged insulation and exposed copper. I took the horn off to lift the front end at the triple tree for the winter. Do you think that exposed wiring could short and blow the fuse? Another wrinkle is that it starts and seems to run well - I rode it for a couple miles - but it now has the check engine light illuminated.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Does that fuse supply the horn wire? Might be related.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If anyone is still interested, I looked over the wires that supply the horn, and found only the one damaged section of the insulation. I covered that area with liquid electrical "tape". I ran the bike through three warm up and cool down cycles and the EML turned off. I appreciate everyone's help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts