Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm a little confused on the OEM brake setup and potential upgrade paths for my 2006 Daytona 675.

Eventually I would like to get some Brembo M4 Monobloc calipers.

Of course I would also upgrade the rotors and pad along with it.

I see two different types. Both say they are the OEM 108mm spacing size, but one says OEM and one says 310 mm rotors. What rotors do I have on a 2006 Daytona 675. Also I'm assuming it doesn't matter if I get the one for 310mm rotors since I can just buy 310mm Brembo HP rotors correct?

Another question, will the stock lines work or will they have to be custom to fit the Brembo M4s? If custom, how the hell do I know what size I need and where to get it?

This is for a track bike only. Apart from the bling of Brembo will it really perform that much better then a OEM rotor/caliper setup with great pads for the track and a Brembo Master? Am I just throwing away my money on the Brembo M4 Monobloc?

· Registered
4,943 Posts
Start with the weakest link in the Daytona system, the master cylinder & the rotors.
You have 308mm rotors stock, but braking & galfer replacements are 310mm anyways and work fine with the standard caliper.

for the price of some 108mm brembo M4's, you can buy some rotors and a good chunk of a RCS master cylinder.. throw in some new pads and be golden..

As MacBandit said, the R6 calipers have next to none drag compared to about any caliper i have seen. but i have personally never used them on track compared to the likes of (M4 monoblocks, M50 monoblocks or Brembo HP billet calipers).

· Registered
475 Posts
I never touched the calipers on mine. I did change everything else, though. An RCS19 master is the way to go, no question about it. I also went with Brembo T-drive rotors, galfer lines, and vesrah pads. I did play around with a few pad options, but that's more about personal preference.

The master is what made the biggest difference as far as I was concerned.

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! i will definitely save my money and upgrade to a Brembo Master. I have Vesrah RJL Pads now and Stock rotors in perfect condition. I'll just upgrade the Rotors when my OEM wears out or i have extra funds.

If i could find a deal on a Used R6 Caliper i'll go that route but i might just stick with the OEM ones. As for lines, do i really need to upgrade if they are already a braided line?

· Registered
660 Posts
If i could find a deal on a Used R6 Caliper i'll go that route but i might just stick with the OEM ones. As for lines, do i really need to upgrade if they are already a braided line?
with stock caliper, it depends on the orientation of the outlet on the Brembo M/C as compared to the stock m/c. If you get R6/R1 calipers, then yes, you would need new lines (you might be able to get stock lines to work, but they would be twisted).

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What if I just wanted to get a Brembo master, my stock lines and calipers would work right?

· Registered
4,943 Posts
What if I just wanted to get a Brembo master, my stock lines and calipers would work right?
Would be just fine, you would most likely need to source a single banjo bolt for the brake master, no big deal.
you have options of course...
675R brembo-better than the stocker

RCS brembo all around great master with the ability to adjust to your style... 19x20 (strong power from the get go & shorter lever pull) 19x18 (less initial power, more progressive power, but more feel & finesse)

· Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would I need a new banjo bolt? Can't I use the one from my OEM master?

· Premium Member
11,904 Posts
No the Brembo uses a different thread. The RCS is the way to go if you ride street at all. It includes a brake switch. Also the price difference was very small. I got mine from TJ for the same price most people sell them for used. If you ask he'll probably include the banjo you need too.

· Registered
442 Posts
Not sure why we keep beating the dead horse on the brake upgrade....... Jump on over to my build thread if you want a cheap upgrade for the front end.

Brembo RCS19, Custom Coremoto Lines, Carbon Loraine SBK-5 Pads, GSXR Brembo Swap.

/thread

· Registered
1,979 Posts
On my track bike I currently have fitted:
First gen calipers with Vesrah pads (CL60's to go in when the others are low), Braking wave rotors and the stock Nissin master and lines.

I've recently bled the system and have been using RBF600 fluid but it's still a bit spongy, so I found a NEW 2014 675R Brembo master to go on it (off ebay) that was about half the price of an RCS.

At this stage I can't see any point changing the lines (as they're braided anyway), so I just need to fit the Brembo up to the existing system. Anyone know what size banjo bolt I need?

Also, what levers fit the Brembo master?

I've got Braking adjustable and foldable levers currently fitted and really like them!!

BTW - really happy with the Vesrah pads. They're just what the previous owner had fitted when I bought the bike. The CL's will still do the trick when they're worn though!!

· Registered
186 Posts
I went with the r6 mono blocks as detailed here.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52440

And a RCS master with EBC GPFAX pads.

And awesome.
I just did a track day at NCM and after a few easy laps bedding in the pads it was a easy pull with two fingers.
I now run the lever adjuster almost all the way in.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
Hi all, Hope I'm not too late. My front calipers keep binding probabluy becuse I don't ride it enough. So I have to strip and clean every few months. How Can I get info on an R1 front brake conversion kit? Will the ABS be unaffected.
This conversion is for a 1st gen 675. It says so in the thread title. There is no ABS on a 1st gen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts