Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a 1/4 turn?

and/or know the diameter of the tube that the cables ride on?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Common mod to do is to use a Speed Triple 1050 throttle tube. Shortens the throw to where you don't need to re-grip. It's about $12 from the dealer/bike bandit as well. Still not a true quarter turn though.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Common mod to do is to use a Speed Triple 1050 throttle tube. Shortens the throw to where you don't need to re-grip. It's about $12 from the dealer/bike bandit as well. Still not a true quarter turn though.
I've already done the 1050 tube. Need moar!! going to redo the stock grip to shorten the throw. I just need to know the diameter of a true 1/4 turn.

·
Registered
601 Posts
find the difference in circumference between the stock and the 1050, then increase by twice that.

I wonder if you could make a nonlinear throttle tube, where down low it was extremely unresponsive for stop and go traffic, but above cracked and a half, it was quick as shit.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
find the difference in circumference between the stock and the 1050, then increase by twice that.

I wonder if you could make a nonlinear throttle tube, where down low it was extremely unresponsive for stop and go traffic, but above cracked and a half, it was quick as shit.
Im positive that can be done.

wait wait. The stock is like 34 mils. The 1050 is like 38 mils. I don't think a 1/4 turn would be 76. Hahaha. Im sure its just a ratio but I just pictured putting a 76 mil tube on and you go to take off and the bike just loops. Bahahahahaha.

·
Banned
941 Posts
I've already done the 1050 tube. Need moar!! going to redo the stock grip to shorten the throw. I just need to know the diameter of a true 1/4 turn.
you should just install a light switch instead of a throttle tube. flick on for full throttle and flick off for no throttle. :whistle:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Im positive that can be done.

wait wait. The stock is like 34 mils. The 1050 is like 38 mils. I don't think a 1/4 turn would be 76. Hahaha. Im sure its just a ratio but I just pictured putting a 76 mil tube on and you go to take off and the bike just loops. Bahahahahaha.
no i meant if stock is 34 and 1050 is 38 then 1/4 would be on the order of 42

·
Registered
112 Posts
Camed shaped throttle tubes are used sold in the dirtbike community for riders to change the way the throllte works. You can swap the cam profile out to suit your type of riding.

Most are geared towards dumbing the bike down off idle though for the peopel who thought it looks cool to have a 450 but can't ride one :rofl:

Sorry I don't have any links.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
The Rizoma grips will shorten it, although probably not as much as your hoping for, they feel very similar to the 1050.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts