Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've been riding for about 3 years now i'm thinking of making the switch to Triumph. I've been doing quite a bit of research and came across the 09 supersport shootout conducted by motorcycle-usa. I actually have two friends one with an 06 675, the other with the 2010(all the fixings included) and i've had the pleasure of seeing both these bikes perform on the track and street, they are simply great machines, but why such a low rating on the review?? im guesssing the guys at motorcycle-usa are biased lol? check it out,

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/2804/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Supersport-Shootout-VII.aspx

this dosen't make very much sense to me...? thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi, i've been riding for about 3 years now i'm thinking of making the switch to Triumph. I've been doing quite a bit of research and came across the 09 supersport shootout conducted by motorcycle-usa. I actually have two friends one with an 06 675, the other with the 2010(all the fixings included) and i've had the pleasure of seeing both these bikes perform on the track and street, they are simply great machines, but why such a low rating on the review?? im guesssing the guys at motorcycle-usa are biased lol? check it out,

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/2804/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Supersport-Shootout-VII.aspx

this dosen't make very much sense to me...? thanks
"Big thanks to Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Ducati for providing support and doing a great job at it. Too bad Triumph could not provide anyone, as their bike would have fared much better if they had. Goes to show how key machine set-up really is."

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Yeah I wouldnt take to much information from that mag.

Personally only way I judge a bike is ridding one. If you have a dealer around you that will let you ride a demo bike that is what I always suggest. I personally will not buy from a dealer if they do not let you sit and feel how the bike feels under you.
Also since you have two friends with the D675 I would go off them not some magazine.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Most of these reviews all come to the same conclusion - all these bikes are very, very close to each other performance-wise, with each one having a very small edge here or there. If my memory serves me correctly, those same magazine writers pretty much agree the Triumph is the most fun to ride of the bunch.
How many races do you really plan on running to win? Having fun on the bike is most likely more important in the grand scheme of things. :grin:

Of course if you are a serious track racer, and this is going to be a track-only bike, then the other bikes may or may not be a better choice.

·
Super Moderator
2,120 Posts
American journalists just can't ride a European Motorcycle like they can a Jap bike. They have been embedded with Japanese bikes for 20-30 years now. You like what ya know?

The Triumph Daytona has won Supersport Masterbike Competition every year since it's inception, except 2008. I'm surprised no one has said this yet.

2006 1st
2007 1st
2008 2nd (Yamaha R6 won)
2009 1st
2010 Don't know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts