Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi i am wondering how many seals and bearings are in the front and rear wheels. Also need the part numbers or sizes for the front rear bearings and seals.

I believe there are 3 bearings in the rear and 2 in the front. But i want to be sure and also need the numbers and sizes for them

also looking at all balls kit to replace i was wondering if anyone has experience with those and are they complete kits with 3 bearings for rear and 2 for front?

Please help

·
Registered
653 Posts
Are you replacing them? If you are just pull them out and take them to a bearing supply. I just pulled mine last night and took them in to the local supplier and am getting Timken bearings. Very expensive though, kinda shocked. They better be good, that's all I know.

And yes 2 bearings and seals in front, 3 bearings and 2 seals in the rear. The sproket carrier uses a larger bearing than the wheel, both the I.D. and O.D. is larger.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've used all balls for the headstock bearings on my Sprint ST and I liked them, I also know a few guys on another forum have used their wheel bearings with success. However there is a member on here that had a massive failure of his wheel all balls racing wheel bearing so, I'm avoiding them just to keep it safe.

The timken bearings are costing me $150 I think, my supply house isn't making me pay till they come in. But that is all 5 bearings and 4 seals. I thought it was a bit steep but I guess you pay for quality. The all balls kit would've been 1/3 the cost but I don't have to worry (I hope) about a massive failure later on down the road.

Somewhere there has to be a loss on quality with the ABR kit, the rear kit averages $4 a bearing/seal so. I have heard they were Chinese, the timken said South Korea so not sure that matters though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts