Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a midlife crisis and to fix it I got myself a, 2008 Triumph Daytona 675 without telling my partner
so she's having one now.
someone said to me helping others, is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
I'm new on this forum and was hoping if somebody can help me please the problem i'm having is with the clutch without explaining the 50 shades of unnecessary nonsense.

1: Get the bike no clutch problems 😃.
2: Drop the bike after a few weeks on its left side i did not experience any clutch problems 🙄.
3: Sometime after having No clutch slipping and gear selection related problems with it.
4: I had the bike transported started getting more Clutch Slack Freeplay and needing to keep adjusting it at the lever and still getting excessive slack at the handlebar clutch lever, to maximum, after that adjusting it at the gear box transmission end.
5: Fitted new Replacement clutch cable and clutch lever you would think that would fix my problem right
But, NO IT HASN'T fixed the problem.
6: Still got excessive sack on both ends of the cable🤬.

🙏 PLEASE 🙏 PLEASE can somebody help me out with why this is happening with my
2008 Triumph Daytona 675.

Kind regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The friction plates are probably worn and past the service limit.
Good Day Mate,
first and foremost thanks for your guidance you never guess the friction plates were good however the problem was the clutch lifter arm, I've attached screenshots first screenshot is the old and second the new one.
I wouldn't bet the family farm but I think it was caused by the clutch lifter bearing that the clutch peace goes through
the bearing is got so much play and wear it's like throwing the sausage down an alleyway.
On YouTube I've seen VID's people using bearing puller slide hammer to get out a bearing that is only an inch
any any valuable suggestions I think I'll should be able to bang that out without nice fitting socket.
Fingers crossed

, post: 1869647131, member: 17274"]
No.
[/QUOTE]

Wood Finial Artifact Metal Antique
Tool Cylinder Nickel Gas Household hardware

The friction plates are probably worn and past the service limit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts