Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this counts as repair/maintenance.. hope i posted inthe right forum section

I got parts from ‘07 D675 and didn’t want to have them laying in boxes as spares for my other bike so decided to build it from ground up. Wish me luck! It’s a slow process

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wood Hardwood Gun barrel Bumper Metal

·
Registered
914 Posts
Are you going to repair the broken steering stop or just leave it? Given it's just a frame I would fix or get it fixed at this stage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was gonna leave it as I haven’t tried to find anyone locally to fix it. I saw there was someone in the forum that was making brackets to bolt on where steering damper attaches to act as a steering stop but that thread seems to be dead.
Any recommendations on how to go about fixing it and risks with not fixing it?

·
Registered
914 Posts
I used a MAPP torch and aluminum brazing rods to rebuild mine. I then added the steering stop bracket so I wouldn't have to do it again.

Reactions: ukraine49

·
Registered
914 Posts
I had it down to the frame already, there was no reason NOT to fix it. Not to mention if I ever sell the bike I know it won't fail a safety because of frame damage.

Reactions: ukraine49

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was trying to sort out the wiring harness today and reconnecting everything is going to be another fun experience.
What I don’t know, is how to get the proper order for the spark plugs and injectors since not all connectors were labeled from previous owner 🤦‍♂️
Off to search through the forum

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I've done it a few times, but I think these are easy bikes to drop the motor on.

You can't really go wrong with the injector and coil plugs. They run in a string. It will become evident as you go that they only reach the corresponding plug and you can't mix them up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Next
  • Connect throttle cables to throttle body
  • Wire out kill switch
  • Sump gasket upgrade + pressure valve replacement
  • LHS + RHS engine cover gasket replacement
  • Mount radiator + coolant hoses
  • Mount header + exhaust
  • Mount gas tank

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
slowly getting there 🤪

Connect throttle cables to throttle body - DONE
Wire out kill switch - DONE
Sump gasket upgrade + pressure valve replacement - DONE
LHS + RHS engine cover gasket replacement - DONE
Mount radiator + coolant hoses - DONE
Mount header + exhaust - PENDING (waiting for header studs + gasket)
Mount gas tank - DONE

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She’s alive! Sounds pretty rough in the second start.
Start#1
Start#2

The harness will need to be replaced because I had to fiddle with it to get the fuel pump to work, clutch sensor isn’t getting picked up when clutch is not pressed in, speedometer reads 11-14mph at idle…
The fun continues

1 - 19 of 19 Posts