H7 and H9 combo LED headlight bulb set? - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 7 Old 08-11-20, 23:03 Thread Starter
Derrick Wang

H7 and H9 combo LED headlight bulb set?

For 06-12 models, it needs h7 and h9 bulbs for low beam and high beam. Cant understand triumph's logic for doing this but it is what it is. I'm not able to find a combo set for this, so what are people doing if they want to upgrade to brighter LEDs - buy 2 separate sets of LEDs and have a leftover set? I'm speaking from a cost perspective. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-20, 11:02
whimmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Wang View Post
For 06-12 models, it needs h7 and h9 bulbs for low beam and high beam. Cant understand triumph's logic for doing this but it is what it is. I'm not able to find a combo set for this, so what are people doing if they want to upgrade to brighter LEDs - buy 2 separate sets of LEDs and have a leftover set? I'm speaking from a cost perspective. Thanks
VLEDs will sell you one of each if you email their sales support folks first for the link. I have them in my 2011
post #3 of 7 Old 08-18-20, 22:40
Martineli69

How do they work? Any fogging of the lense with those?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimmel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Wang View Post
VLEDs will sell you one of each if you email their sales support folks first for the link. I have them in my 2011

post #4 of 7 Old 08-24-20, 16:17
Unicycle Santa

I just went on ebay and found the bulbs I wanted from the same vendor then messaged them asking if they can create a custom order for me. I went with HIDs, but anyone should do it.

Garage: '06 Daytona 675, '08 WR250X, '15 VW Golf GTI
post #5 of 7 Old 08-25-20, 22:56
Cab0oze

Would be curious to know how your install goes. I really struggled to get my HID ballasts to fit anywhere nicely.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-01-20, 10:56
whimmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martineli69 View Post
How do they work? Any fogging of the lense with those?

Thanks!
I haven't noticed any fogging. Vibration tends to make them rotate slightly in the reflector which messes up the shape of the beam if you don't secure the wiring adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab0oze View Post
Would be curious to know how your install goes. I really struggled to get my HID ballasts to fit anywhere nicely.
I had an earlier version of their LEDs with a separate regulator and was able to use mounting tape on the little shelf below the headlights. But the newer version is integrated to the back of the heatsink. I don't know if it fits under the dust covers; I removed them for the first set and haven't tried installing them for these.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-01-20, 18:07
Cab0oze

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimmel View Post
I haven't noticed any fogging. Vibration tends to make them rotate slightly in the reflector which messes up the shape of the beam if you don't secure the wiring adapters.

I had an earlier version of their LEDs with a separate regulator and was able to use mounting tape on the little shelf below the headlights. But the newer version is integrated to the back of the heatsink. I don't know if it fits under the dust covers; I removed them for the first set and haven't tried installing them for these.
Ah, you're not using the dust covers.
I managed to cram one of my HID ballasts into the shelf you're referring to, but it was messy and it's VERY tight. certainly no way to mount 2 in the same place. Maybe I just need to try a different product (LEDs?) with smaller ballasts, and not worry about the dust covers...

@Unicycle Santa , would be curious to see your install though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement