Help CEL P0203 - Injector 3, circuit malfunction - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

post #11 of 11 Old 10-26-19, 07:04 Thread Starter
675ing
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYoDread View Post
I never knew this, I was check for this next time I have an issue with my bazzaz unit.

Did you figure out the issue?

side note, if you ever need help understanding Electrical ask away. I am no engineer but I learn about something new until I can teach it , then I move on to something else.
Notice attached pics. Surprisingly, BOTH are Bazzaz male sockets that fit onto the injectors (each sockets are off a different bazzaz harness). The good socket has longer pins and a side railing that prevents the sockets from twisting.

On my case:
The good sockets came on a bazzaz ZFI harness.
The bad sockets came on a bazzaz ZFITC harness.
Surprisingly, bazzaz decided to use different sockets on the ZFITC that are bad.
Not sure what happened with the bazzaz quality control.

I was lucky to find this out as the bike previous owner had a ZFI which I upgraded to a ZFITC. So I just cut the sockets off the ZFI harness and soldered them onto the ZFITC harness.

I also took the opportunity to focus on other sockets and I noticed some wires moved out of the sockets, some pins were not correctly aligned. Just because the sockets snap when connecting them does not guarantee a strong contact! So after connecting the sockets and hearing the snap sound, try moving the wires and get a feel if they're loose (and if possible move the wires around while the engine is running and see if it acts up). In my case, we shoved the wires and the bad socket together with the engine running and all cylinders fired up. Then we shook them a bit and a cylinder stopped working. But Im happy to report, once we swapped the bad connectors with the good ones, the bike worked perfectly even when we shook the wires and good connectors.

Bike is a race bike so I will have to reconfirm if all is perfectly solved on next track event.

I've sent an email to Dylan @ Bazzaz reporting the issue with photos and asking if they could sell upgraded sockets as parts. Have not heard back yet. Will come back with updates should Bazzaz get back to me.

On a side note, a fellow racer on a kawasaki is also having issues with his brand new bazzaz quickshifter, im betting its the sockets as well. At first glance a socket definitely feels very loose. But only after we solve that and confirm with the engine running smoothly, I will report back here. Hes not so luckly to have a spare connector lying around. Will have to improvise. One thing for sure is, the bike is working perfectly without the bazzaz quickshifter connected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 5.25.57 PM (1).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	251111   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 5.25.57 PM.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	251113   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-10-24 at 5.25.58 PM.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	251115  

Heard HTMOTO has great seats. Their website does not have Paypal checkout.
Hoped their website is secure when I manually entered credit card info. Moments later, I have approx $3000 of fraud transactions from strange websites.
NEVER enter your credit card details in HTMOTO website.

Last edited by 675ing; 10-27-19 at 05:12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement