Brands Hatch BSB abandoned today - Triumph675.Net Forums
675's at the track with "J" News and reports from the world of 675 racing.

post #1 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 08:55 Thread Starter
jay12329
Race Team Sponsor

Brands Hatch BSB abandoned today

Brands Hatch BSB abandoned today

Extensive snowfalls at Brands Hatch this morning have caused the opening round of the Bennetts British Superbike championship to be abandoned. At 11.15am Sunday morning Jonathan Palmer, Chief Executive of MotorSport Vision, the owner of Brands Hatch, announced that following a review of circuit conditions and the latest forecast, the meeting would be cancelled for the day.
"It is bitterly disappointing for all the fans who have come and of course for all the teams and organisations including the Brands Hatch team who have put so much into this weekend", said Palmer. "Apart from the inability to put on the great show fans expect from BSB, safety is our number one priority and this must not be compromised".
"I have been very eager however to see if we could find a way not to just cancel, but postpone the first Brands Hatch event. Fortunately a major benefit of MSV now running BSB is that following a review of our calendar, I am delighted to be able to immediately announce that we have rescheduled this meeting which will now take place on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit on 10/11 May."
"All race day, weekend and grandstand tickets for today's event will be valid for the new date with no extra charge. The grids for all of the races within the BSB programme will be as set yesterday, 5 April. The 10/11 May date was scheduled to be a BMCRC meeting and some races from this will be incorporated into the BSB event."
"I am so sorry that so many people have had a frustrating day of uncertainty but can assure everyone we have done everything possible to minimise the disruption of such extreme weather in April."
Jonathan Palmer
Brands Hatch Sunday 6 April 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 10:04
firestarter
Super Moderator

what no studded snow tyres! poor racers and doggy at least he didn't have to travel far..........................

2011 tiger 800 road
2007 street triple RIP

post #3 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 10:16
doggy675

I had a great time on saturday, a real shame about the engine blow up for ross but I'm sure Sunday would have been a lot more positive.
We left at 9 o'clock on sunday and there was a little sleet, 10 miles from home there was heavy snow and a good couple of inch's had fallen so we turned round and headed home, at least we were in a car today and not on the bike!
I have still got the 2 bsb passes here with me so i will have to post them back to Ross ASAP, If some one could pm me his address it would be very appreciated. I hope to catch up with them at as many rounds as possible.
Thanks.
A pic of Ross I took on Saturday.

Colin.

3 is the magic number.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 10:36
firestarter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy675 View Post
I had a great time on saturday, a real shame about the engine blow up for ross but I'm sure Sunday would have been a lot more positive.
We left at 9 o'clock on sunday and there was a little sleet, 10 miles from home there was heavy snow and a good couple of inch's had fallen so we turned round and headed home, at least we were in a car today and not on the bike!
I have still got the 2 bsb passes here with me so i will have to post them back to Ross ASAP, If some one could pm me his address it would be very appreciated. I hope to catch up with them at as many rounds as possible.
Thanks.
A pic of Ross I took on Saturday.

Colin.
why not use them for the new dates doggy as they are still valid?

2011 tiger 800 road
2007 street triple RIP

post #5 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 11:25 Thread Starter
jay12329
Race Team Sponsor
Threadstarter Threadstarter

The tickets need to be returned for Thruxton, We'll sort you out weekend tickets for the brands re-run, when hopefully the weather will be better!
Nice to meet you!
J
post #6 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 13:28
doggy675

Where can I post the passes to?

3 is the magic number.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 13:41 Thread Starter
jay12329
Race Team Sponsor
Threadstarter Threadstarter

I'll let you know. My old laptop had my address book on it when it got knicked

J
post #8 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 13:51
AdamB
Retired Administrator

Slackers. It just a little snow!

Quote:
chimkychink-- you bastards
chimkychink --we gave you america...you gave us a ****ing squirrel...that killed all the other ones
post #9 of 9 Old 04-06-08, 15:14
doggy675

thanks a lot jay.I look forward to brands in may, might be able to get to thruxton as well.it depends if I can earn enough brownie points with the wife!

3 is the magic number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement