Reckless speeding ticket attorney - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 20 Old 06-27-12, 19:06 Thread Starter
hokierower
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punani View Post
been there, done that. Just pay the fine, move on.

punani^^

I've already explained that's not how it works. If you can't read the thread, stay the hell out.

To the two helpful posters, I've already looked into a lawyer. I'd defend myself but there's a security clearance on the line and I'd prefer not to **** around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 06-27-12, 20:22
blorgfreth

You won't lose your clearance for a reckless ticket.
(Slightly) Higher probability of losing it for telling people that you have a clearance.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-27-12, 20:54 Thread Starter
hokierower
Threadstarter Threadstarter

I don't have one, but hoping to get one down the road...

post #14 of 20 Old 06-28-12, 00:00
blorgfreth

Yeah, reckless conviction shouldn't be a problem, so long as you disclose and clearly explain.

(Um, qualified with *should*. You know, cause I don't do the inspections, and I'm not privvy to the actual rules and stuff. I just have to keep people employed.)

Last edited by blorgfreth; 06-28-12 at 00:11.
post #15 of 20 Old 06-16-13, 09:52
nhenley

Yup, been there, done that! Got a reckless driving charge in Sussex County heading to SC...81 in 70. Those ******* cops in VA do that all the time, in fact that's how those counties in VA make most of their money. Look up traffic lawyers in whatever county you got the ticket, call 3 to 5 that look good to you, get a price quote. Pick the one you want, pay whatever rate they gave you,no need to show up at court (they will go for you). When the court date comes and if your driving record is good which it doesn't seem like you have anything crazy on there, the lawyer will email you and say your charge was reduced to "defective equipment". It's a non moving violation, no points, all in all should cost you between 300 and 500. You have to pay the lawyer, plus the court, and 80 for the ticket.....then your good to go. FYI a lot of those lawyers work in many diff counties in VA and states so you don't necessarily need a
Lawyer in that county. I used a lady named Aime Asiku or something like that, she was really good. Good Luck!
post #16 of 20 Old 06-16-13, 10:09
nhenley

Do not try to represent yourself and do not just pay the fine! Unless you are admitting guilt and want a misdemeanor on your record. Those lawyers all know each other and they all know the judges. In fact, my lawyer interned with the judge on my case. Also, it may be helpful to look up who your judge is. You can literally google "who is the judge in ( whatever county) on (what day your court date is)". Lol, believe it, I did it and got the correct answer.
post #17 of 20 Old 06-21-13, 07:38
D8onaTripl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorgfreth View Post
You won't lose your clearance for a reckless ticket.
(Slightly) Higher probability of losing it for telling people that you have a clearance.
Really? A higher chance of losing a clearance for telling people you have one? ha ha you know pretty much anyone in uniform has a clearance? more than half of the people in Northern VA has one....you cant disclose information you work with that requires a clearance to people who dont have one but not cause you tell them you have a clearance....
post #18 of 20 Old 06-23-13, 21:29
ballinb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
That's insane. You weren't going that much over! I can't believe the cop wrote you for reckless. That's some bull. Definitely fight it but don't be afraid to do it Pro Se. There's a good chance the officer won't even show up. Your case would be thrown out. If he does, simply state your case. In my experience, just appearing, stating your case and admitting guilt goes miles. I've always had a judge go lenient and be understanding. I've never been issued more than three months of supervision. Dress nice and act like a grown up. I guarantee you will be fine based on my own experience.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using motorcycle app
Everyone always gives the advice that most of the time the cop doesnt even show up which is bullshit. Most of the time, the officer DOES show up...

Also admitting guilt can backfire, and three months of supervision does seem like a lot.
post #19 of 20 Old 07-01-13, 22:24
Blackey1

I agree w henly, I got a reckless in southern va and got a local lawyer to represent me. Cost around 3-400$ but was well worth not having to drive down and deal with it. They can usually find a loophole to get it thrown out if its not too serious and your record isn't bad. I've had a 5 ticket aggressive driving thrown out and that reckless thrown out. Best money you'll spend. I think my lawyer may have called whoever calibrated the cop's ford explorer speedometer from the factory as a witness. Obviously didnt show and the cop didnt either. Bottom line, spend the money on the lawyer.
post #20 of 20 Old 05-14-18, 02:13
Hickan02

You know something similar happened with my cousin and he engaged a top local DUI lawyer for his case as he thought that he was accused falsely and yes, all the advices shared here are true as case got tossed up in just second hearing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement