TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ - Page 66 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #651 of 660 Old 11-30-18, 01:04
675days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Thatís absurd. My local tuner charges less for a custom map from a couple hours on the dyno.

The dealer maps literally take 5 minutes to install. They plug in their computer, upload the map, then unplug. Should be their minimum labor charge, which at my dealer is $40.

Youíre having them upload the full Arrow map? You should absolutely decat the exhaust before they do that. Way too rich for a cat. You can either DIY by chiseling the cat out of the mid-pipe, or better yet have a pro weld in a new section of pipe without the cat.
A 'pro weld' do you mean cut off the cat and weld a section back on retaining the same length of the exhaust? I have easy access to welders etc...If you have any links or further instructions that would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #652 of 660 Old 11-30-18, 09:35
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 675days View Post
A 'pro weld' do you mean cut off the cat and weld a section back on retaining the same length of the exhaust? I have easy access to welders etc...If you have any links or further instructions that would be great!
Yes. TRMN8TR is our resident pro. https://www.triumph675.net/forum/sho...d.php?t=135322
post #653 of 660 Old 04-11-19, 22:50
OzMoto

Hey @horra I recently got your "20296 horrasMap" and copied the tables in TuneECU over the 20590 stock map.

I was wondering if you've made anymore changes/updates to the map? Being further up North I figured a map done in similar climate would be good. :)

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

I'd rather be next to a rider that can maintain a controlled wheelie than a muppet on their phone.

Current: 2012 Street Triple R | SC-Project CF Oval Silencers | Triumph Quickshifter | 520 Conversion (-1 front)
RIP: 2003 CBR600RR
Sold: 2012 CBR250R | 2000 NSR150SP

post #654 of 660 Old 04-23-19, 11:12
Harsh

Garage
It has been a while since I have needed/wanted to change a map using Tune ECU and I have forgotten a few things. I have a guy coming by the house tonight that wants to change his map. His VIN falls within the 381275 to 56497 range.

I have downloaded the map that is applicable for his bike to my laptop, however he wants to disable a few things (air flap, exup, sai). I will of course save his current map first. Then I open the map I downloaded from the site. This is where my memory gets hazy. After I deselect the previously mentioned items do I save that map (and rename it to indicate the removed items) or can I simply download it to the ecu at this point? If I save it, I would then have to go through the open map process again, select the updated map, then download it to the bike, correct?

Other People's Kids
post #655 of 660 Old 04-23-19, 13:29
AYoDread

You litterly have to follow ever step with TUNEECU, it will not you go forward. Lol! So if you get stuck its probably because you skipped a step.

So you read your map, make changes, then save your current map then download your new map then start it up and wait until it green lights. To put it simply.

"I don't know who you noobs are. I don't know what you noobs want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I don't have a long span. But, what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very large amount of posts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this now, that'll be the end of it. I will not Google you, I will not photochop you. But if you don't, I will search the webnets for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you."
post #656 of 660 Old 04-26-19, 04:18
OzMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYoDread View Post
You litterly have to follow ever step with TUNEECU, it will not you go forward. Lol! So if you get stuck its probably because you skipped a step.

So you read your map, make changes, then save your current map then download your new map then start it up and wait until it green lights. To put it simply.
You forgot the reset adaptions step between download new map, and start it up. :)

I'd rather be next to a rider that can maintain a controlled wheelie than a muppet on their phone.

Current: 2012 Street Triple R | SC-Project CF Oval Silencers | Triumph Quickshifter | 520 Conversion (-1 front)
post #657 of 660 Old 05-10-19, 02:08
OzMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
Correct. I have the same slip-ons and received the same response from SC Project when I asked them what map to use. I never ended up using it for more than a week though as I got a custom dyno tune.
Hey mate,

You wouldn't mind sharing your tune at all? Want to compare yours with horras' map. :)

post #658 of 660 Old 05-16-19, 06:53
Kiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
Hey mate,

You wouldn't mind sharing your tune at all? Want to compare yours with horras' map. :)
No problem at all, attached :)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20588MapCustomSCProjectSAI.zip (238.2 KB, 66 views)

2012 Triumph Street Triple 675 White:

SC-Project CF Oval Silencers | Triumph Quickshifter | Speed Triple radial MC | Hyperpro fully-adjustable rear shock with hydraulic preload | Hyperpro gold valves, oil and front fork springs | Driven Racing SAI Block-off Plates | Kyle Racing shift spindle holder | Custom dyno tune | Triumph rear hugger | Vizi-tec Supabrake II | C3 Techspecs
post #659 of 660 Old 05-17-19, 03:42
OzMoto

Quote:
Awesome, thank you! I recently made my own map based off of horras and a couple others, using 20589 as the base. It feels good (obviously not dyno perfect), but will definitely compare with yours. :D

Upon comparing your map to the 20588 stock Triumph map in TuneECU the maps are identical. Only difference is your Thermo Fan kicks in at 96 instead of 104, I can't see anything custom besides that. :(

Last edited by OzMoto; 05-17-19 at 06:05.
post #660 of 660 Old 08-03-19, 03:09
OzMoto

Quote:
Hey mate, do you happen to have the map with the changed values? As per my previous post, nothing has been changed on that map you attached.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement