**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona! - Page 6 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #51 of 66 Old 08-27-19, 22:00
ramnakhle

Garage
**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona!

P.S.
it doesnít NOT have upgraded suspension. It has the same Ohlins TTX shock and NIX30 forks you find on our bikes.
Stylema calipers from brembo. Thatís the only upgrade in the components we pride ourselves on having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 66 Old 08-27-19, 22:08
Zaph

Bookmarking this thread to check back every couple of weeks to see if you guys talk GMike out of the new Daytona, or if he's going to double down and get it just to be stubborn! :D

Keep up the good work team, I think you're almost there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaph For This Useful Post:
GMike278 (08-27-19)
post #53 of 66 Old 08-27-19, 22:17
GMike278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Bookmarking this thread to check back every couple of weeks to see if you guys talk GMike out of the new Daytona, or if he's going to double down and get it just to be stubborn! :D

HAHA you're all more than welcome to try. I'm the guy who bought the Eslick race bike when Rider's Discount was selling it here on the forum. Here's a photo of it at COTA as it's my current track bike (besides my '12 675R track bike) Back where it belongs....on the track, not hiding in a living room - what a sad end that would have been for the greatest bike built by the greatest team to grace Daytona International Speedway. I'm looking at you TJ :P

That thing came with eeevvverrything..... aim system, telemetry, titanium everything, subframe, Andrew Swenson paint on sharkskins etc etc....and yeah I'm STILL buying a Daytona 765LE.

At the end of the day I KNOW its not the end all and be all of Daytonas (I already have that - see above) nor is it truly a "Moto2 for the road." But I think it's gorgeous and while not be the right choice for others, the heart wants what the heart wants. Besides, I love pushing buttons and playing devil's advocate almost as much as I love my Triumphs....and no matter what you end up riding, I'd happily share the track with any one of you goons!

Last edited by GMike278; 08-27-19 at 22:26.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMike278 For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (11-01-19), RidersDiscount (11-06-19)

post #54 of 66 Old 08-27-19, 22:27
ramnakhle

Garage
Gorgeous bike (Eslik).
Hope you enjoy the new one, really do.

Iím not here to talk anyone out of anything really. But Iím Just looking at facts and frowning unimpressedly .
Loving triumph was the reason I bought my daytona knowing that the dealership would close down permanently after a year (which it did). Iím now riding one of only 2 Daytonas (and I heard the second one got totaled) ever sold in my country with no parts or service support. Thatís how much I love it!
But this is where I draw the line.
My next bike (if I ever get one) will be an S1000RR and the decision was made long before this LE crap.

Cheers to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #55 of 66 Old 08-28-19, 01:45 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

I have the skinny on PRICE!!!!

£15,765 OR $19363

Bike World leaked it.

Last edited by Shamrock; 08-29-19 at 00:03.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (11-01-19)
post #56 of 66 Old 08-28-19, 01:51 Thread Starter
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post

Nope, not me. I won't talk him out of it, I'd like to hear an honest review from an owner, not a journalist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
Bamboo671 (08-31-19), GMike278 (08-28-19)
post #57 of 66 Old 08-28-19, 12:13
GMike278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
I have the skinny on PRICE!!!!

Bike World leaked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juRcVIWvOts

£15,765 OR $19363
It's interesting to me how all of these videos follow the EXACT same format and seem as though Triumph said "Hey, you want content for your site, you need to follow this exact script and ask X" I'm going to beat on this thing like it's a rented mule and wont be pulling my punches. Like Shamrock said, we need someone to provide real data and feedback and the only way that's happening is to get our hands on one when they're released in March.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMike278 For This Useful Post:
Bamboo671 (08-31-19), MadMel (10-30-19), Shamrock (08-28-19)
post #58 of 66 Old 10-30-19, 19:22
Wiggie

Garage
OK then, if the Triumph 765 isnít what we had all hoped for (and been told we were getting) what are the downsides to owning an MV F3 800?
Are parts and service so hard to get?
A couple of years ago ran into a guy (not literally) at a track with a gorgeous, nicely tricked out F3 675 Reparto Corse. Said it had been ridden by Jules Cluzel in World Supersport. He told me that if you have an MV youíd better have a second bike to ride while waiting for parts for the MV. His second bike was an R1.

2009 Daytona 675; 2008 Sprint ST 1050; 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
post #59 of 66 Old 10-30-19, 22:43
MadMel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggie View Post
OK then, if the Triumph 765 isnít what we had all hoped for (and been told we were getting) what are the downsides to owning an MV F3 800?
A couple of years ago ran into a guy (not literally) at a track with a gorgeous, nicely tricked out F3 675 Reparto Corse. Said it had been ridden by Jules Cluzel in World Supersport. He told me that if you have an MV youíd better have a second bike to ride while waiting for parts for the MV. His second bike was an R1.
In Australia there's no race class to run an 800 in, unless you want to be going up against the litrebikes. For me, that's a showstopper for either a Daytona or MV.
post #60 of 66 Old 11-01-19, 13:59
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggie View Post

Not to sidetrack this thread, but what are your questions on the F3 800? I have had mine for just over 2 years, and done quite a bit of tinkering with it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180805_151914.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	251161  

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2012- Yamaha R6
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement