What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 659 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #6581 of 6678 Old 11-01-17, 11:35
TwistyWristy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligaz675 View Post
@TwistyWristy How do you like the SC project conic exhaust so far? Are you running it with the Arrow tune ?
I love it so far. Great sound. Easy install as well. I am not running the arrow tune due to what I have read thus far on different areas of the internet. However that does not mean you don?t have to get it ever. The company directly states that a tune is not needed. I have had no issues without it.
I leave the baffle in because it is very loud in my opinion, but if you want to just wear ear plugs while riding, that would help without the baffle in.
As far as install, there is a section of the exhaust near the ?middle? bolt to the right of the foot rest assembly that you remove from the stock exhaust that comes very close to touching/scratching the SC exhaust, so go slow with it and it will clear that area with no problems.

It's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6582 of 6678 Old 11-01-17, 13:26
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistyWristy View Post
I love it so far. Great sound. Easy install as well. I am not running the arrow tune due to what I have read thus far on different areas of the internet. However that does not mean you don?t have to get it ever. The company directly states that a tune is not needed. I have had no issues without it.
I leave the baffle in because it is very loud in my opinion, but if you want to just wear ear plugs while riding, that would help without the baffle in.
As far as install, there is a section of the exhaust near the ?middle? bolt to the right of the foot rest assembly that you remove from the stock exhaust that comes very close to touching/scratching the SC exhaust, so go slow with it and it will clear that area with no problems.
Thanks for the feedback.

Any issues with torque @ low to mid-range RPM ?

- Do Not OpenóNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
post #6583 of 6678 Old 11-01-17, 17:18
TwistyWristy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligaz675 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistyWristy View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Any issues with torque @ low to mid-range RPM ?
If it did take away some torque from low to mid range, I honestly don?t even notice the difference. The true test obviously was to dyno it before and after, which I elected not to do.
I can say that the weight difference is noticeable since it is significantly lighter than stock if that helps.

It's not how fast you go, it's how well you go fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to TwistyWristy For This Useful Post:
Hooligaz675 (11-03-17)

post #6584 of 6678 Old 12-20-17, 16:57
Alejandro Bautista Garcia

Housemade quickshifter, and it work good!

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by Alejandro Bautista Garcia; 12-24-17 at 04:44.
post #6585 of 6678 Old 01-02-18, 15:34
Gzblack2

Spent $2500 on crash protection.
Basically guaranteed not to wreck my street triple next track day.
How is this possible???
Bought a track prepped sv 650

This is the sv when I got home from the 280 mile trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
post #6586 of 6678 Old 01-03-18, 18:46
mohawkeye

You're gonna love it! It looks very much like mine (except for the colors), and mine cost me the same. Mine's an '03 with a Gixxer 600 front end, Brembo calipers and RCS16 master cylinder, Penske 8983 shock, Sato rearsets, an M4 muffler, and what looks like the same bodywork as yours. Does yours have the 5" or the 5.5" rear wheel?

I had a slow-speed low-side at Buttonwillow Raceway last August, and I'm slowly learning how to repair fiberglas, wet-sand, and paint.
SV650s make really good track bikes.
The Following User Says Thank You to mohawkeye For This Useful Post:
Gzblack2 (01-04-18)
post #6587 of 6678 Old 01-04-18, 08:40
Gzblack2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkeye View Post
You're gonna love it! It looks very much like mine (except for the colors), and mine cost me the same. Mine's an '03 with a Gixxer 600 front end, Brembo calipers and RCS16 master cylinder, Penske 8983 shock, Sato rearsets, an M4 muffler, and what looks like the same bodywork as yours. Does yours have the 5" or the 5.5" rear wheel?

I had a slow-speed low-side at Buttonwillow Raceway last August, and I'm slowly learning how to repair fiberglas, wet-sand, and paint.
SV650s make really good track bikes.
It's an 03 also gixxer front end with Penske internals,brembos,elka shock,pc quickshifter,apex clips,axljak rearsets both with spares and plenty of extras.(wheels,warmers,stands,some tools,even oil and coolant)
Rear wheel is 160
Not sure of the brand but the body work looks to be gsxr 600/750 k6(but I'm no expert)
Now I just gotta make it through this winter. Bomb cyclone (?) hitting us today expecting a foot or more snow and 50mph winds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gzblack2; 01-04-18 at 12:53.
post #6588 of 6678 Old 01-04-18, 22:25
Rookie28

Garage
Nothing out of the ordinary. Just rode to work after giving the bike itís first cleaning of the year.

3 years and I still turn back to admire the bike every time I ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6589 of 6678 Old 01-06-18, 12:29
easbaysav

Not today, but a few weeks ago. She's coming back to the States, along with my Daytona.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4874 copy.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	240234  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easbaysav For This Useful Post:
Gzblack2 (01-06-18), Rookie28 (01-06-18)
post #6590 of 6678 Old 01-07-18, 08:41
OzMoto

Gave the bike a decent clean.

Then noticed the nut/washer missing off the sprocket. Rang dealership and was told $30AUD for the nut/washer.
No idea how long it has been missing, in the meantime placed some loctite on the spline where sprocket slides over just for a bit of reassurance.

Ride carefully - You are invisible.

I'd rather be next to a rider that can maintain a controlled wheelie than a muppet on their phone.

Current: 2012 Street Triple R | SC-Project CF Oval Silencers | Triumph Quickshifter | 520 Conversion (-1 front)
RIP: 2003 CBR600RR
Sold: 2012 CBR250R | 2000 NSR150SP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement