AiM Solo 2 DL 06-12 Daytona - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 13:07 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
AiM Solo 2 DL 06-12 Daytona

I just sent a message to AiM, but I'm not sure how responsive they are. I'm about to head to Road America, and I was hoping to try out the data logging on my AiM Solo 2 DL. Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? I have a 2012 675R with a race kit ECU.
Quote:
I transmitted configuration to use ECU "Triumph - BIKE K LINE" and displays showing ECT, RPM, TPS. Device is powered by OBD2, but with bike running, no ECT, RPM, or TPS is displayed. It doesn't even have the correct unit for ECT from the configuration I transmitted. I verified continuity between K line on ECU connector and pin 6 on AiM Binder connector on OBD2 cable. I was able to read TPS and error codes using a bluetooth OBD2 scanner.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 14:25
cjc

Garage
Trying mine for the first time this weekend, but a friend had trouble getting his to talk to his Ducati.

His problem was in the setup the race studio software. Once he corrected it and transmitted it things were good.

I know that's not really an answer, but hopefully helps somewhat.

post #3 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 15:17
tottenham12712

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
I just sent a message to AiM, but I'm not sure how responsive they are. I'm about to head to Road America, and I was hoping to try out the data logging on my AiM Solo 2 DL. Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? I have a 2012 675R with a race kit ECU.

Dont think K line will work on the 12, try the daytona 675 option. The newer ECUs use a non standard bus protocol. Just an FYI though the bike needs to be running to log any data.

I use a DL2 on my 13 without issue.

post #4 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 15:52 Thread Starter
cdenley
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham12712 View Post
Dont think K line will work on the 12, try the daytona 675 option. The newer ECUs use a non standard bus protocol. Just an FYI though the bike needs to be running to log any data.

I use a DL2 on my 13 without issue.
The 12 only has 3 pins on the OBD2 port, K line, power, and ground. No CAN bus on the OBD2. The Daytona 675 option uses CAN bus.
https://www.aimtechnologies.com/supp...ne_100_eng.pdf

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #5 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 15:54 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc View Post
Trying mine for the first time this weekend, but a friend had trouble getting his to talk to his Ducati.

His problem was in the setup the race studio software. Once he corrected it and transmitted it things were good.

I know that's not really an answer, but hopefully helps somewhat.
Before I got the data cable, I was using it as a lap timer. I had to adjust the memory trigger options which are only available through race studio to trigger recording based on GPS speed. It defaults to ECU speed, which makes no sense to me. I couldn't find anything in race studio to explain why it won't read the K line data.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #6 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 15:56
MGFChapin

Garage
@mszilves had to swap a pin around when he first got his Solo DL. Could be the DL 2 still has the wrong configuration. Shoot him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.
post #7 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 16:02 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
@mszilves had to swap a pin around when he first got his Solo DL. Could be the DL 2 still has the wrong configuration. Shoot him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.
They did have ground on the wrong pin. I fixed that. Not really clean, but whatever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180810_092039913.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	247151  

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #8 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 17:13
mszilves

Garage
If you've "fixed" the grounds on the connector, you should be fine from a HW perspective.

I'm not 100% if the older gen uses the CANbus or K-Line protocol. I can tell you that for the 3rd gens, you want "Daytona_675" under ECU model in Configuration Manager in Race Studio 2.

If the older bikes use CANbus, then you'd want to set it up the same. Your problem is likely setting the wrong protocol in RaceStudio. Try the "Daytona_675" configuration and see if that works.

"It was the kind of situation that regularly sees many of the people who masquerade as motorcyclists and ride every third Sunday up their favourite local road (if it's sunny) to sit at a cafe and make broom broom noises with other pretend-motorcyclist-idiots, crash their brains out."
__
AFM #11R, WMRRA #11
http://www.hookit.com/members/markszilveszter/
2013 Daytona 675R - race bike
2013 Street Triple R - "other" bike
post #9 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 18:27 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszilves View Post
If you've "fixed" the grounds on the connector, you should be fine from a HW perspective.

I'm not 100% if the older gen uses the CANbus or K-Line protocol. I can tell you that for the 3rd gens, you want "Daytona_675" under ECU model in Configuration Manager in Race Studio 2.

If the older bikes use CANbus, then you'd want to set it up the same. Your problem is likely setting the wrong protocol in RaceStudio. Try the "Daytona_675" configuration and see if that works.
No luck. And for sure no CAN bus. I checked the wiring diagram.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #10 of 31 Old 08-10-18, 22:04
mszilves

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
No luck. And for sure no CAN bus. I checked the wiring diagram.
Strange. Then the K-Line option in RaceStudio "should" definitely be the one to use.

Since you checked the K-Line and ground connections are getting to the Solo, I wonder if there's something different with the Race ECU, maybe it doesn't output the data...

"It was the kind of situation that regularly sees many of the people who masquerade as motorcyclists and ride every third Sunday up their favourite local road (if it's sunny) to sit at a cafe and make broom broom noises with other pretend-motorcyclist-idiots, crash their brains out."
__
AFM #11R, WMRRA #11
http://www.hookit.com/members/markszilveszter/
2013 Daytona 675R - race bike
2013 Street Triple R - "other" bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement