Triumph 675 Forums banner

2015 R1 & 1299, looking pretty tasty!

21K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  jdgun_13 
#1 ·
In case you have not seen this, the new Yamaha R1 and several other new for 2015 bikes were released to the public today..

Here is the new YZY-R1M (top of the line version)... great build sheet and should e pretty sweet!

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelvideo/722/2012/0/video.aspx

Ducati unveiled the 1299 Panigale for the base & S model... and the 1199R will continu to be 1199cc, but will have SuperLeggera internals and updated electronics.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/11/0...ycle-review-first-look-photos-specifications/

Reactions: Nastybutler
#4 ·
I don't care for the fascia as well but I do like the little winglets by the seat. It was about time for Yamaha to freshen the supersport lineup.
Really waiting to see what comes of the R6, lot of speculation of it becoming an I3 675. A reliable, high spooling I3 like the MV F3, in an updated R6 chassis would be sweet!

#10 ·
If the r1 is same size as rsv4 that would be great. Looks very rsv4 like as well. Hate how tremendous the current one is. But every bike seems pig sized compared to ours

#12 ·
I liked the front till I saw those headlights down there

#13 ·
bring on the Honda power,,,, OH MY!

Throw on some Repsol colors and OH MY!:drool5:

#14 ·
Its only a matter of time till all liter bikes are standard 200

#18 ·
Been there done that!

The RSV4 is a good bike without a doubt, but i would opt for so many other choices over it after owning one.

#26 ·
Sure maybe for the R1M, but I'd hate to roll up in the new R1. Thing is ugly as dog shit. It might even be uglier than the S1000RR. It looks like something from Alien vs Predator. So they decided on function over form for the STREET R1!?? Are you kidding me?!? A number plate?? Those who will buy that bike and turn it into a track bike will just remove the body work anyhow. Or they'd be dumb to leave it on. Meh, I'm not impressed.

So now we'll just have even bigger posers at the Plaza :whistle:

#36 ·
2015 R1 & 1299, looking pretty tasty!

Aren't the m's already sold out

#38 ·
Aren't the m's already sold out
Not yet. There was an early order program (Premiere Delivery Program), but not all the R1M's were offered at that time. Plus the dealerships who were allotted any R1's or R1M's were hard to find because it was based on previous R1 sales.

Right now the R1 and R1M are available to order, but I still think the R1M is limited to certain dealerships.

I'm aware that the body panels are carbon fiber, but how many people are going to leave them on there when they track it? I'm sure a few, but I'd hope most would have sense enough to replace them with race bodywork. Otherwise you'll be looking at a pretty hefty repair bill every time you come off the bike. :noclue: Maybe these bikes are so nannied now riders will hardly ever crash. It'll be interesting to see.

I just know the carbon fiber isn't much of an incentive for me when trying to justify the added cost since I'd be replacing them immediately with cheap plastic panels which would thankfully eliminate those god awful headlights.
I'm pretty sure most people racing or tracking the R1M will opt for race glass. That OEM CF isn't going to be cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.