2017 Daytona 675r - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 9 Old 03-27-20, 13:50 Thread Starter
krazeej412

2017 Daytona 675r

How common is it for the abs sensor to fail? I only have 7,000miles on my bike since I bought it new. I have a check engine light no mph, and no odo or distance till empty for my fuel tank as well as no fuel gauge reading. I narrowed everything down from online research that the abs sensor can cause all of this. I traced the wires nothing is pinched and all harnesses are plugged in good. I tried clearing the ecm, and the abs module with my dealer tool. The check engine light is still illuminated. I pulled the sensors from the wheels and the contacts are clean and not visibly damaged. My local dealer wants $120usd for the front abs sensor and said it can take up to a month to deliver due to corona virus around the world. The codes I pulled up were as follows: P0500 ďECMĒ and C1611 ďABSĒ is there anything else I can try before I purchase the new sensor? Thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-27-20, 16:13
Arawn

I have 3 bikes with ABS and over 100,000 miles on all three combined, not a single ABS sensor fault.

Now one of them is going to fail, I know it. Just bad luck dude.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-27-20, 16:18 Thread Starter
krazeej412
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
I have 3 bikes with ABS and over 100,000 miles on all three combined, not a single ABS sensor fault.

Now one of them is going to fail, I know it. Just bad luck dude.

Wow you really did get lucky!! I guess itís just random luck for me... I never had any issues with my bike fingers crossed and knock on wood! And I just called to confirm my warranty but didnít realize it expired already. Iím waiting on an email brochure for a 3rd party warranty with a dealer in Daytona Fl to see if itís worth investing in or just do any work myself. These bikes are simple to work on but oem parts are pricy, I guess you gotta pay to play lmao!

post #4 of 9 Old 03-28-20, 07:32
Chirp

I have one thought and it's probably not a good one. There are different width washers for mounting the sensors to adjust for production variances. It might be that one of yours was set up at the maximal distance from the wheel ring and something got tweaked. It's worth trying a thinner washer and seeing of mounting it closer to the ring works. IIRC the washers come in sets from the dealer, i.e., order a washer and you get a set of three. If nothing else, look up the tolerances and measure yours. ABS sensors are pretty dumb devices; it's hard to imagine how one could go bad other than a broken wire.

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Duke 690, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '18 Street Triple RS, '20 R1250R
The Following User Says Thank You to Chirp For This Useful Post:
krazeej412 (03-28-20)
post #5 of 9 Old 03-28-20, 11:52
GMike278

I would check to see if there is a hairline crack in the body of the sensor. My co-worker did a tire change on his street triple without removing the sensor and hit it when putting the wheel back on.
The Following User Says Thank You to GMike278 For This Useful Post:
krazeej412 (03-28-20)
post #6 of 9 Old 03-28-20, 11:55 Thread Starter
krazeej412

Later today Iíll have to get out my feeler gauge and see what the gap is for the abs on the front. Does anyone know where I can find the specs for the proper shim for the sensor? And also Iíll pull my abs off the front again and look closer to see if thereís a hairline crack on it.

post #7 of 9 Old 03-28-20, 12:01 Thread Starter
krazeej412

Also can anyone tell me what this bracket goes to? Itís under my air box and I donít remember anything being hooked up to it... also I circled this plug that I donít see anything for it to plug into, is it possible itís a factory accessory wire for alarm or something?

post #8 of 9 Old 03-28-20, 12:01 Thread Starter
krazeej412

post #9 of 9 Old 04-21-20, 23:47
johnkoch

I would replace sensors n wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement