Speeding and the Police - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
LEO Law Enforcement Officers - Q & A

post #31 of 34 Old 11-12-13, 04:23
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Yeah, it sucks when something can do good, but is used for greed or like the government, ""to protect from terrorism"", but who am I to complain, without me they would not get to far since I keep up the core of the network hahaha

MY B!

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 11-12-13, 08:11
jchawkins

Invasion of privacy? I don't expect any privacy regarding anything that involves cell or internet technology. If the government isn't looking at it, I assume marketers are. I haven't read all of the small print, but I suspect that the 20 something page long contract I signed when signing up for my cell service contains some legalize saying that any information, other than maybe my data, is the property of the cell carrier. Perhaps I am wrong, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #33 of 34 Old 11-12-13, 09:50
RacerXnh10

Send a message via AIM to RacerXnh10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchawkins View Post
Invasion of privacy? I don't expect any privacy regarding anything that involves cell or internet technology. If the government isn't looking at it, I assume marketers are. I haven't read all of the small print, but I suspect that the 20 something page long contract I signed when signing up for my cell service contains some legalize saying that any information, other than maybe my data, is the property of the cell carrier. Perhaps I am wrong, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised.

Maybe not expecting it is part of the issue. Again, its their network, and if its in the contract then REALLY shame on me haha, but I'd rather not have the whereabouts of my phone (as only one example) mined and shared and potentially used against me at some point.

Right or not right is a moral discussion that hijacks the thread even more .. just feels like another few feet down the slippery slope

A new money pit has opened. I call it my Daytona.

post #34 of 34 Old 11-12-13, 20:53
jchawkins

We could start another thread about privacy. The worst is mainstream social media, ie Facebook. Absolutely nothing is private there. What some don't realize is that exif data on digital photos give away info. It's just one more data point that can place you at a certain location on a specific date and time. That is if the pics were taken on a cell phone or a camera that has GPS. Yes, not expecting privacy does suck, but there is damn near nothing that I can do about it, but be careful. That or go off the grid, but I like creature comforts too much to go off the grid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement