be1 & davis to switch to yamaha in '11?!? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
675's racing in WSS Daytona 675 WSS racing news

post #11 of 35 Old 01-24-11, 20:54
Echo3Niner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Echo3Niner Send a message via Yahoo to Echo3Niner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNRider View Post
Sad to see Chaz move on, he definiatly was doing well on the Triumph.
With that said I have to believe HE is better off on the Yamaha and stands a better chance of getting on the podium so it was probably a good career move on his part.
Lets face it, as a racer you want to be on the best equipment possible and on a team that gives you the best chance at winning.

They have done great work with the Triumph but it has to be at it's maximum capability at this point. The bike is essentially unchanged since it's debut in 2006 and I don't know if the teams can get much more out of it (at the WSS level). They have had 5-6 years to tweak on it at this point.

Either way, Chaz seems to be a good guy and I hope he does well what ever he rides.
Except they're on 2 year old Yamaha's... Nothing new or super competative there; with no factory support yet.

Chaz didn't make the call, BE1 and Triumph couldn't come to a contractual deal... BE1's riders got screwed.

Semper Fi

Cmd MGySgt of the 1st Tri Div; Daytona RG, 2nd Gen BN, SE Co. (#1)

Retired member: Sixth Gen Militia - 1st VTEC BN (#215)

2011 Triumph Daytona 675 Special Edition
Triumph Arrow Slip-on
Carbon Tank Protector
Gel seats
Helibars TracStar

Also 2013 Ducati Diavel Strada

Marine Veteran & father of Sgt. Doug; (2 tours: Iraq) AND Former 2nd Lt. Corielle; VMI NROTC/Marine Grad

“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 Old 01-24-11, 21:39
TriumphChris675

yeah well i think it sucks!!!!

current mods... jardine pipe,TOR map,hyperpro damper,Apexcone hid's,pilot power2ct's,gilles rearsets,sharkskinz race plastics,power broze windscreen,520did conversion,elka 3way shock,tri gelseat,battery tender,blue winscreen bolts,blue reflective rimtape,copmwerkes fender eliminator,helibars,snakeskins/techspec tankgrips,blue progrips......more to come
post #13 of 35 Old 01-24-11, 22:35
MTNRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo3Niner View Post
Except they're on 2 year old Yamaha's... Nothing new or super competative there; with no factory support yet.

Chaz didn't make the call, BE1 and Triumph couldn't come to a contractual deal... BE1's riders got screwed.
Better a 2 year old Yamaha then a 5 year old Triumph. And I think the stats speak for themselves. As much as I love my Triumph the R6 is a more competitive bike. Also the article states that they are on a Factory ride.

I also don't think the riders got screwed at all, Triumph screwed the pooch if you ask me. Again, love my Triumph but I think Chaz will do better on the Yamaha. Time will tell and we'll have to follow what happens through out the season.

post #14 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 00:43
Echo3Niner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNRider View Post
Better a 2 year old Yamaha then a 5 year old Triumph. And I think the stats speak for themselves. As much as I love my Triumph the R6 is a more competitive bike. Also the article states that they are on a Factory ride.

I also don't think the riders got screwed at all, Triumph screwed the pooch if you ask me. Again, love my Triumph but I think Chaz will do better on the Yamaha. Time will tell and we'll have to follow what happens through out the season.
Read it more carefully. They are getting two year old former-factory Yamaha's; Yamaha is still not involved in WSS, so no factory support was my point.

When I say they got screwed, I really mean several things:
1) The riders didn't have a choice of machinery.
2) All the work they've done on their training and riding style to make the Trumpet go fast, will have to be reworked.
3) All the work the team had done, to make the Trumpet go fast, will have to be reworked on the Yamaha's.
4) The development of the Yamaha's will have to start from scratch.
5) The team will get precious little testing and development time, since the decision was made so late in the off season; they're starting behind the 8 ball.

I'm not debating the older tech of the Trumpet, or the competitiveness of the Yamaha; but it's gonna be tougher going from brand new model (the article talks about the 675R's) Trumpets, even though they are long in the tooth, vs. two year old, used Yamaha's; especially with such short training, testing and development time.

By the way, I'm not poo-pooing the BE1 team at all, and I'm confident Chaz will adapt and overcome; everyone may be right, and he may even do better. I'm more pissed at Triumph for not getting a clue on how this class is there's to own, if they'd put some backing into it. It's their only niche, and none of the other factories are really trying, so they have a chance; but, alas, they've crapped that all away now.

Note, the Suriano Racing team doesn't get cool new 675R's that "Triumph was looking forward to fielding with BE1"; oh no, they get BE1's used bikes from last year...

Wasted opportunities...

Semper Fi

Triumph Arrow Slip-on
Carbon Tank Protector
Gel seats
Helibars TracStar

Marine Veteran & father of Sgt. Doug; (2 tours: Iraq) AND Former 2nd Lt. Corielle; VMI NROTC/Marine Grad

“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”
post #15 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 00:48
Echo3Niner

Garage
Also, did no one notice the little bit about SBK?

"The announcement will also raise serious doubts as to whether whether Triumph will go ahead with a much mooted switch to Superbikes in 2012, with BE1 Racing apparently originally earmarked to lead its development programme."

How was Triumph going to get into WSBK in 2012, with or without BE1 Racing leading the development? With what Superbike?

Semper Fi

Triumph Arrow Slip-on
Carbon Tank Protector
Gel seats
Helibars TracStar

post #16 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 01:16
MTNRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo3Niner View Post
Read it more carefully. They are getting two year old former-factory Yamaha's; Yamaha is still not involved in WSS, so no factory support was my point.

When I say they got screwed, I really mean several things:
1) The riders didn't have a choice of machinery.
2) All the work they've done on their training and riding style to make the Trumpet go fast, will have to be reworked.
3) All the work the team had done, to make the Trumpet go fast, will have to be reworked on the Yamaha's.
4) The development of the Yamaha's will have to start from scratch.
5) The team will get precious little testing and development time, since the decision was made so late in the off season; they're starting behind the 8 ball.

I'm not debating the older tech of the Trumpet, or the competitiveness of the Yamaha; but it's gonna be tougher going from brand new model (the article talks about the 675R's) Trumpets, even though they are long in the tooth, vs. two year old, used Yamaha's; especially with such short training, testing and development time.

By the way, I'm not poo-pooing the BE1 team at all, and I'm confident Chaz will adapt and overcome; everyone may be right, and he may even do better. I'm more pissed at Triumph for not getting a clue on how this class is there's to own, if they'd put some backing into it. It's their only niche, and none of the other factories are really trying, so they have a chance; but, alas, they've crapped that all away now.

Note, the Suriano Racing team doesn't get cool new 675R's that "Triumph was looking forward to fielding with BE1"; oh no, they get BE1's used bikes from last year...

Wasted opportunities...
Good points but Davies is a professional rider and has ridden for Yamaha (R6 for Celtic racing) in the past so I'm sure he will come up to speed very quickly.

As far as the 675 "R" goes that's just a marketing branding for the street. There is nothing different about that bike then last year or the year before. The motor is exactly the same. Sure it comes with Ohlins but the WSS bikes have already been running tricked out Bitubo suspension which I am sure is much better then the stock Ohlins on the R.

Which goes back to my feelings about Triumph slapping some suspension and brakes on the bike and calling it a "R" version. Most other manufacturers really trick out the motors, exhaust, suspension, wheels, body work etc. when they slap a "R" designation on a bike. Doesn't really matter for WSS anyway, they are going to strip it down and put trick aftermarket stuff on it anyway.

post #17 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 01:38
Echo3Niner

Garage
This article shows some of what I'm talking about; look at how stoked they were for where they were going... Triumph should be ashamed...

http://www.racers-republic.com/super...up-for-triumph

Semper Fi

Triumph Arrow Slip-on
Carbon Tank Protector
Gel seats
Helibars TracStar

post #18 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 05:04
Smoke

Another spectacular fail from Triumph racing department...

And they were going to WSBK with the 675, of course

The slower you move, the more dangerous your bike is... I'll let you work out the conclusion from there

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Hear my Daytona's Akrapovic SCREAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOlxMJ_zOw&t=1m15s

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35
post #19 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 05:48
AMG675

Lightbulb

Hi All,

New to this forum but not to racing. I generally don't post but after reading the wild comments on here ...... some corrections.

"That is not good news at all, Davis was the only really quick guy on the Triumph's and great to watch." - Scassa was quick in testing.

"Note, the Suriano Racing team doesn't get cool new 675R's that "Triumph was looking forward to fielding with BE1"; oh no, they get BE1's used bikes from last year..." - doubt that, If I were Triumph I would give them the Davies/Scassa kit. They're a company, not stupid....

"Great...so now we won't even see a Triumph unless one has a spectacular crash with a Honda, Yamaha, or Kawaski...if they crash on there own it won't be worth showing." Have a look at the grid, Triumph should do top ten.

ParkinGo get full factory support including all of Crutchlow's data, and bikes are all refreshed. But let's remember that 2002 WSS champion, Foret, only finished 5th in 2009.

Although the Suriano team will only get to test the WSS bikes in Phillip Island Quarmby tested the stock Daytona and was quicker than on his championship winning stock Yamaha. Seems Triumph is better suited to taller riders.

And shame on Yamaha - they could have drafted Yamaha riders who have supported and given them success. Both Tamburini and Quarmby won their respective countries Supersport titles on R6's last year. They also had access to a top Yamaha BSB team of engineers. Yes, I know they wouldn't win the championship this year but invest in the future !!!! These kids are both only 19.

If we don't support and develop the new blood then we may as well start converting the paddocks, trucks, etc to accommodate easy access for the aged.
post #20 of 35 Old 01-25-11, 08:03
Smoke

You clearly underestimate Triumph's stupidity when dealing with racing politics, and testing is not racing.

The slower you move, the more dangerous your bike is... I'll let you work out the conclusion from there

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Hear my Daytona's Akrapovic SCREAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOlxMJ_zOw&t=1m15s

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement