LEO's check in - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
LEO Law Enforcement Officers - Q & A

post #41 of 50 Old 07-29-12, 16:47
FishemanIvan

Fresh meat LEO here... been working for two months now! Good to see others on the fourm though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 Old 07-29-12, 20:27 Thread Starter
doublen675
Threadstarter Threadstarter

FNG... (Fu**ing New Guy)

I remember when I was a rookie. Good times.

/
//Double "N"
"When Life Throw's You a Curve...Lean Into It."
post #43 of 50 Old 08-10-12, 10:21
Death's Whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stag556 View Post
Ive been in law enforcement for 3 years and was recently laid off. We have a governor in NJ that feels that public safety is less important that making it seem like the taxpayers are saving money. Cities like Newark, Camden, and Jersey City are facing massive layoffs of their police force because of this. Newark laid off 167 officers and has already called in the National Guard because violent crime skyrocketed. Camden, voted the most dangerous city in the US, issued layoff notices to half of their police force. Jersey City issued 82 layoff notices to their officers.

So our governor wants to make the taxpayer think they are saving money but while they save a few dollars here and there, their property value plummets because crime is running rampant. Sorry, bit of a rant there.

as a fellow NJ resident and brother to a County Sheriff...i completely understand everything you say....our governor is an ******* and he is cutting budgets in all the wrong places...my brother faced layoffs many times and had to move around until finding a good spot to be in...not to even get started with the ridiculous insurance rates....property tax rates...and gun laws....i'm with you man

post #44 of 50 Old 08-16-12, 13:43
Phanthom675

FLEO San Diego, CA. Been in 4 years. D675 owner.
post #45 of 50 Old 08-17-12, 23:38
srf4life675

Coast Guard LEO for 6 years now, been all the way down into Columbia and Peru, Now just out on the Chesapeake bay. Good to read the support for the LE members of the forum. I appreciate all that you guys do too.

07' graphite - got to love that triple sound . . .
post #46 of 50 Old 12-22-12, 21:29
kvillebuckeye

Cop in east TN for 2 years. New to the D675 world and the forum. Never cited a bike for speeding... not much sympathy for drunken riders! Glad to see so many fellow LEO's on here. Let me know if any of you want to ride the Dragon! (If you don't know what that is... LOOK IT UP! Awesome ride!)

2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
Watsen Turn Signals
Motovation USA Frame Sliders
ZG DB Windscreen
Comp Werkes Integrated Tail Light - Smoked
Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's
post #47 of 50 Old 02-25-13, 01:00
MIKe30

Another rookie here.

Anybody have any suggestions as far as using my Daytona to commute to work. I'm unsure of what type of luggage bag to get that will fit at the very least a duty belt. Currently lookin at kreiga bags since everyone swears by their quality. Any suggestions?
post #48 of 50 Old 03-01-13, 09:32
Jonny Chimpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe30 View Post
Another rookie here.

Anybody have any suggestions as far as using my Daytona to commute to work. I'm unsure of what type of luggage bag to get that will fit at the very least a duty belt. Currently lookin at kreiga bags since everyone swears by their quality. Any suggestions?
I picked my set up directly from Triumph. Two bag set that loops under the pillion seat. They are water resistant and also expand to fit the bigger stuff. You will still have to cage in a bunch of clean shirts and slacks every now and again to keep the wrinkles out, but that's once a week or two. I did it for about 5 years in Saint Louis MO. That also assumes you have a locker and place to shower.
post #49 of 50 Old 03-01-13, 13:19
kvillebuckeye

Oooooor go work for a department with take home cuisers not as much fun as biking to work but ALOT easier and you're never late haha

2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
Watsen Turn Signals
Motovation USA Frame Sliders
ZG DB Windscreen
Comp Werkes Integrated Tail Light - Smoked
Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's
post #50 of 50 Old 03-05-13, 10:18
MIKe30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Chimpo View Post
I picked my set up directly from Triumph. Two bag set that loops under the pillion seat. They are water resistant and also expand to fit the bigger stuff. You will still have to cage in a bunch of clean shirts and slacks every now and again to keep the wrinkles out, but that's once a week or two. I did it for about 5 years in Saint Louis MO. That also assumes you have a locker and place to shower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvillebuckeye View Post
Oooooor go work for a department with take home cuisers not as much fun as biking to work but ALOT easier and you're never late haha
Thanks for the replies. I currently work in small city that happens to have big city problems. Makes for fun days on the job but doesn't make for great luxuries to be an employee of the city. There is ONE shower that has never been used in my time there, and we do have lockers but no locker room. So it is what it is, but I'll be creative and figure something out.

Regarding take home cars, that is very rare here in the northeastern states while on patrol in marked units. Maybe a move to Florida doesn't sound so bad after all ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement