Triumph Triple Challenge 2011 - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
The 675-Only Triumph Triple Challenge Series (UK) The forum for the UK based 675 Race Series!

post #31 of 166 Old 11-27-10, 08:40
Beanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arold View Post
Looks like things are taking shape, is there any interest in a Spanish test in March? We will almost certainly be going over either at the BSB test or one of the others at cartagena. The good thing with the BSB test, it is supported by the tyre manufactors and who ever the fuel supplier will be.
This does sound interesting??? any chance of this happening... as i know a few of us are looking at going to Portimao in March ... If this is an option it might be a better option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 166 Old 11-28-10, 03:54
Arold

I think Tony is up for a Spanish test, the only thing that will hold thing back and stop him is a lack of interest from other riders. It has been said if there is enough interest TGD would or could transport the bikes and limited tools/spare per bike, meaning for the riders, it is flight to Mercia, a hire car and accomadation. on accomadation last year we rented an appartment about 25 mins drive away. 150 per week and slept 6 people. Or most BSB teams use a hotel in the town, (just can`t remember the right now and i have stopped there twice) anyway it is normally a good test and is set for the 3rd - 6th March 2011. If anyone is interested can you let Tony or Paul know.
post #33 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 04:29
Avispa

Spainish Test

Quote:
Looks like things are taking shape, is there any interest in a Spanish test in March? We will almost certainly be going over either at the BSB test or one of the others at cartagena. The good thing with the BSB test, it is supported by the tyre manufactors and who ever the fuel supplier will be.
Hi Arnold
We are doing The BSB test so if you need transport for bike etc or if any one else needs it ,let me Know wew should have an artic going down if we get the numbers etc.
however if paul could organise the series to go down en mass for the same test that would be better

Last edited by Avispa; 11-29-10 at 04:34. Reason: more info

post #34 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 04:37 Thread Starter
spartan
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
I think Tony is up for a Spanish test, the only thing that will hold thing back and stop him is a lack of interest from other riders. It has been said if there is enough interest TGD would or could transport the bikes and limited tools/spare per bike, meaning for the riders, it is flight to Mercia, a hire car and accomadation. on accomadation last year we rented an appartment about 25 mins drive away. 150 per week and slept 6 people. Or most BSB teams use a hotel in the town, (just can`t remember the right now and i have stopped there twice) anyway it is normally a good test and is set for the 3rd - 6th March 2011. If anyone is interested can you let Tony or Paul know.
I have tried to organise winter testing in the last two years. On those occasions it was quite a lot of work because I had organised the hire of the track, done deals with an airline, done deals with hotels and organised the bike transport.

I believe that I can organise bike transport probably for free. However I would like to see committment from something like 24 of the racers in the TTC so that we don't have the embarrassment with our sponsor of only a part load of Challenge bikes.
post #35 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 07:36
Avispa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
I have tried to organise winter testing in the last two years. On those occasions it was quite a lot of work because I had organised the hire of the track, done deals with an airline, done deals with hotels and organised the bike transport.

I believe that I can organise bike transport probably for free. However I would like to see committment from something like 24 of the racers in the TTC so that we don't have the embarrassment with our sponsor of only a part load of Challenge bikes.
Paul if you can organise for BSB test we would be interested
post #36 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 12:34
Sammo27

Send a message via MSN to Sammo27
Hi I am interested in doing the spanish test i went to Califat with Tony in 07 and it was great but i never did the series back then. I am doing the series next season as soon as i get everything in writing and i'm happy with it i'll be paying up.

One big thing for me though is i also have other commitments and would need my bike back by the 14th of March as i'm racing the entire NG championship also and already have backers in place for this so cannot let them down. Anytime in Feb or first week in March as long as i can get the bike back in time is good for me. Cheers
post #37 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 12:37
Arold

Paul, there is no need to organise hotels and flights, we are all big boys and can do that ourselves. You say you tride to organise a test last year, we we didnt know about it, how did you attempt to let people know? As for the transport, if you could get say twelve challenge bikes, you could get and other twelve bike just letting it known within BSB circa, there would be limited transport for machines for the Spanish test, 150 - 200 per bike, I bet people would snap your hand off, we paid 300 to get our bike to Spain and back this year, and thought it was a good deal.
Riders;Thanks Avispa for your support, come on guys, show an interest.
post #38 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 14:17
Beanz

Quote:
Paul, there is no need to organise hotels and flights, we are all big boys and can do that ourselves. You say you tride to organise a test last year, we we didnt know about it, how did you attempt to let people know? As for the transport, if you could get say twelve challenge bikes, you could get and other twelve bike just letting it known within BSB circa, there would be limited transport for machines for the Spanish test, 150 - 200 per bike, I bet people would snap your hand off, we paid 300 to get our bike to Spain and back this year, and thought it was a good deal.
Riders;Thanks Avispa for your support, come on guys, show an interest.
Paul you already know i'm interested in the testing GOD knows i need it lol... I have a few ppl interested in it and know a couple of ppl who did the series this year who would be interested in doing it too - Currently MOST companies charge around 200/bike so FREE transport would be FANTASTIC... especially for us BUDGET RACERS...
post #39 of 166 Old 11-29-10, 15:24
wills63

What are the dates on the BSB test? Already committed to some sunny riding end of Feb and Early March but interested in doing this if dates allow.
post #40 of 166 Old 11-30-10, 17:00
Arold

I understand it is the 3rd - 6th March
Sponsored Links
Advertisement