Baffle for Arrow exhaust? - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 7 Old 11-24-19, 18:38 Thread Starter
Wiggie

Garage
Baffle for Arrow exhaust?

I have a 2009 Daytona track bike with Arrow full titanium exhaust, and under-seat muffler with a single oval outlet. One track I go to has a 104dB sound pressure limit (it’s a county ordinance, not the track owner’s own rule). I was given a warning that my bike is over the limit. I was surprised, as just about every bike there sounded louder than mine. They are measuring sound levels at a location on a straight where I am hard on the gas in 4th gear, at 12 or 13 k. I need to quieten it down a bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a baffle that is designed to fit my muffler, or other sound deadening device? The problem is how to hold it in there. I tried a Goldilocks pot scourer, safety wired in (difficult to do, and looked awful) but after two sessions it was working its way out. I reverted to short shifting into 5th, and rolling off the throttle at the sound detection point, but I’d rather not have to do that.

2009 Daytona 675; 2008 Sprint ST 1050; 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory

Last edited by Wiggie; 11-26-19 at 08:42. Reason: Corrected punctuation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-25-19, 13:13
Razgreeze

What group are you in? Could you short shift?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 Old 11-26-19, 08:27
keeena

Let me guess: JenningsGP? :)

What's the exhaust manufacturer? If Arrow or Akrapovic: you should be able to find the OEM insert.

If you want a generic one, get something like THIS. It gets inserted on the IN side of the exhaust can, so you'll first want to pull the exhaust off and measure the inlet. The narrower side of the insert goes in first and the wider side wedges itself in. You may need a large socket or dowel to tap it in a bit. The one I linked is exactly what I used on my ZX6R and it did work to get me under the limit. There are other styles which look like a metal tube with large holes cross-drilled and they also work. Depending on what you have for motor/tune work you may need a re-tune.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-26-19, 08:52 Thread Starter
Wiggie
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Sorry, I neglected to specify that the exhaust is the Arrow full titanium system. But I did say that I had reverted to short shifting before the sound measuring station to reduce the sound level.
And yes, good guess, the track is Jennings GP. The problem they have is the county sound ordinance, and fear they will be shut down if the complaints keep coming in from residents in the area. I understand their issue and donít want to make it hard for them.

2009 Daytona 675; 2008 Sprint ST 1050; 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
post #5 of 7 Old 11-26-19, 13:43
Neanderthal

Garage
Good luck getting any replacement parts for Arrow. The only thing I've been able to find was the metal decal things that rivet onto the silencer, and those were pretty pricey.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-26-19, 16:55
keeena

I didn't notice the thread title...oops!

The OEM Arrow exhaust part appears to be available via BikeBandit...Link. $65 is spendy but cheaper than getting the boot at a track day. P/N is A9600365 if you want to hunt around.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-03-19, 15:32
TheBeerHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggie View Post
Sorry, I neglected to specify that the exhaust is the Arrow full titanium system. But I did say that I had reverted to short shifting before the sound measuring station to reduce the sound level.
And yes, good guess, the track is Jennings GP. The problem they have is the county sound ordinance, and fear they will be shut down if the complaints keep coming in from residents in the area. I understand their issue and don’t want to make it hard for them.
I have an original Akrapovic one from that generation if you are intereated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement