2016 Street Triple 675 Dynotune vid (104rwhp/48rwtq) - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 05:43 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

2016 Street Triple 675 Dynotune vid (104rwhp/48rwtq)

I finally got my Street triple dyno tuned using PC5 at a company in Milton, FL called Turn One Performance.

First off, i'm sorry to say I didn't get a shot of the screen for the dyno results..

I had dropped the bike off over an hour away and picked it up near closing. I saw the graph on the screen but didn't take a picture for reference. Bare with me...

Anyways, the results were right on par with what alot of you have stated in previous posts. Every dyno is different. This one was a Dynojet however.

The bike was strapped on the dyno for a baseline pull with the following mods below:

Modifications:
*Venturi Systems Velocity stacks with intake screen delete
*13+ Daytona 675 header modified with cone engineering merge collector and decatted. Header is also ceramic coated by CCPCoatings in Detroit.
*ZARD Short silencer with DB Killer removed
*UKRS Billet Oil Cooler
* Stock OEM Triumph engine air filter
*Honda Type 2 engine coolant (blue)
*Castrol 4T Power 1 10w50
* Triumph Quickshifter
*BREMBO RCS19 MC
*ARROW MAP/Tune
*1050 Speed triple throttle tube

Bike was run on 93 octane before and after.

BEFORE RESULTS with above performance mods: 96rwhp/44rwtq

AFTER RESULTS and above mods with PC5 dyno tuning: 104rwhp/48rwtq

Solid 8rwhp/4rwtq gain.

Like i said before I apologize for not having a graph, but i have no reason to mislead anyone.

The overall gains were great to see, however the drivability of the bike is superb! The engine smoothness and overall throttle response whether take off or rolling onto the throttle in any gear is a night and day difference compared to stock and even using the arrow map.

The SAI hose was blocked in order to tune correctly from what i was told, which makes sense. There isn't any deceleration popping anymore.

Before the tuning I had a weird jerkiness feeling like the throttle was lightly surging between 4k and 5k rpm in mostly 3rd gear and sometimes 4th depending on load. After the tuning this issue is completely resolved!

I've refallen in love with riding the street triple due to how well the fueling is tailored to my combination of mods. I'd further reiterate whats been said so many times here that a custom dyno tune makes all the difference. Sure seeing higher rwhp numbers is great and all, but its remarkable how such a good platform can be made even better with dialing in fueling.

As far as the dynojet correction, it was SAE.

Overall, i'm extremely pleased with how the combination of modifications and tuning turned out.

Finally, here is the video the shop gave me while my bike was in the dyno cell.

These triples sound like angels phuckin

I've got a Sprint P08 Filter to install, and will be going back to the dyno to get it dialed as well. So i'll make sure to get a graph and screen shots to display on this same thread for everyone to see.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to JauntyBishop For This Useful Post:
Plasmablaster (01-16-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 07:11 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Here are some photos of the modifications over time.

BREMBO RCS19. My bike is Standard ABS model so I have the 2 pot Nissin calipers.

I didn't think i'd notice much of a difference with this upgrade, but it does inspire more confidence while braking. The feel is much more "connected". Its kind of hard to explain and i may not be using the right terminology. However, this should've come installed on the bike from the factory.

Once you get the master cylinder adjusted to your liking, its perfect!

I bought the bike new last year, had zero miles, but it sat in the showroom for a long time. I figured it was a good idea to change fluids ranging from engine coolant to brake fluid. So this was a good opportunity to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BREMBO RCS19 1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	248275   Click image for larger version

Name:	BREMBO RCS19 2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	248277   Click image for larger version

Name:	BREMBO RCS19 3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	248279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Brembo RCS19 4.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	248281  
post #3 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 07:15 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

These are photos of the 2013+ Daytona 675 header modified with Cone Engineering merge collector, decatted, and ceramic coated.

Also, shows the UKRS Billet oil cooler and the Zard short silencer designed for 2013-2016 Street triple models.

Lastly, a comparison photo of my stock street triple header vs the modified daytona header. Tuned lengths & primary diameters are different obviously for the power band/cam profiles etc of the daytona vs the street triple's.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	daytona header tall view 1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	248283   Click image for larger version

Name:	header 02 bung 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	248285   Click image for larger version

Name:	header and UKRS oil cooler 1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	248287   Click image for larger version

Name:	header link pipe to zard 1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	248289   Click image for larger version

Name:	oem header vs modded daytona header 1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	248291  

Name:	header and zard wide view 2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	248293  

post #4 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 07:26 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

Pictures of the Zard short silencer installed and a comparison of it vs the Arrow low mount setup that came with the bike when I purchased from the dealer.

Last picture is of my bike with Zard installed with factory header.

When I was deciding on a slip on exhaust it took a while to make a decision due to the fact that there were a lot of good reviews and images showing the renowned SC Project models. But it was a toss up for me between the brands HP CORSE Evoxtreme and Hydroform vs the Zard because of how they flow with the lines of the bike.

I ultimately decided on the Zard and have been very pleased with its quality and overall construction, not to mention the sound is amazing. Plus I haven't seen videos or many pictures of the Zard installed outside of the manufacturer site. The HP Corse Hydroform and EvoXtreme both looked great and the videos I saw/heard of the Hydroform (one with the drone and with/without DB killer... yall know which one i'm talking about...) was damn near orgasmic.

If i had to rate the sound 1-10, (10 being loudest), the Arrow without DB killer was a 5.

Zard with DB killer would be a 6.5
Zard WITHOUT DB killer would be an 8, but its not over bearing.

I still imagine the comp werkes is going to be around an 11

Just have to hear them in person!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	daytona header and zard wide view 1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	248295   Click image for larger version

Name:	zard side view 2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	248297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zard rear view 1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	248299   Click image for larger version

Name:	zard vs arrow 1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	248301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Street triple cory 1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	248303  

post #5 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 07:35 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

My favorite mod visually and in ease of install. These Venturi Systems velocity stacks are near impeccable in terms of fit & finish. They are a supplemental mod to help with your overall combo. Not sure how much they contributed to my power gain, but compared to the factory velocity stacks, they do show a performance gain from other parties.

Installation on these are very simple, took maybe 20-30 mins. Its a shame they are covered up though!

I'm also still using OEM air filter.

I've got a Sprint Filter P08 awaiting for install, but that will be later when i go back for further dyno testing/tuning.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VS velocity stacks installed final 1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	248305   Click image for larger version

Name:	VS velocity stacks tall view 1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	248307   Click image for larger version

Name:	VS stacks vs stock comparison 1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	248309   Click image for larger version

Name:	velocity stacks comparison individual.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	248311  
post #6 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 07:37 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

Finally, these are some random photos I took of my bike and the placement of the Power Commander 5 located under the seat.

Oh and I changed out the running lamps to Sylvania 194 LED (6000k white) to match my headlight bulbs which are Philips X-Treme Vision H4 +130% (halogen 6000k white)).

I plan on upgrading to Philips Ultinon H4 LED bulbs down the road.

Thanks for reading through my long winded posts. Hopefully it helps someone looking for answers or even opinions on these mods.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cory ST3 DESTIN VIEW.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	248313   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED 194 headlight bulbs.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	248315   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC5 install under seat location.jpg
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	248317  
post #7 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 10:06
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JauntyBishop View Post

BREMBO RCS19. My bike is Standard ABS model so I have the 2 pot Nissin calipers.

I didn't think i'd notice much of a difference with this upgrade, but it does inspire more confidence while braking. The feel is much more "connected". Its kind of hard to explain and i may not be using the right terminology. However, this should've come installed on the bike from the factory.

Once you get the master cylinder adjusted to your liking, its perfect!

I've been considering this upgrade for some time now. Power is no problem of course but feeling is always a thing to try to improve.

Question: does the RCS 19 plug directly with the existing brake light connector or are there modifications necessary?
post #8 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 16:22 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
I've been considering this upgrade for some time now. Power is no problem of course but feeling is always a thing to try to improve.

Question: does the RCS 19 plug directly with the existing brake light connector or are there modifications necessary?
It doesn't have a true plug in play connector, but from what i was told you just splice into the exisiting wiring harness near the factor plug. Looks like its just power and ground for the brake light trigger. The kit should come with everything you need from what i remember. I ordered it from Ridersdiscount.
The Following User Says Thank You to JauntyBishop For This Useful Post:
Plasmablaster (01-17-19)
post #9 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 16:44
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by JauntyBishop View Post
Quote:

It doesn't have a true plug in play connector, but from what i was told you just splice into the exisiting wiring harness near the factor plug. Looks like its just power and ground for the brake light trigger. The kit should come with everything you need from what i remember. I ordered it from Ridersdiscount.
What Jaunty said...but..I looked at the oem switch and the new switch and they looked identical. So I used a small flat head screwdriver and pried the original switch off the oem master cylinder and spread the tabs back out and it clipped into my new master. So you might get lucky and the oem switch works in the new master cylinder. Be gentle when taking it off the oem master. The above avoids splicing two wires which isn't a big deal but I prefer the oem harness to be uncut if possible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin7909 For This Useful Post:
JauntyBishop (01-17-19), Plasmablaster (01-17-19)
post #10 of 26 Old 01-16-19, 17:07
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
You can do what Kevin did, but Brembo provides the MC with a TON of extra wire. I ended up cutting off 90% of it and soldering it onto the OEM connector.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
Plasmablaster (01-17-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement