1st 1 piece suit, need help with fitment. - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #11 of 20 Old 04-26-18, 14:07
Hooligaz675

Garage
There are some nice videos on choosing the right size 1-piece suit on youtube. ie this one:

https://youtu.be/K2AcTUptNVg

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 04-27-18, 03:12 Thread Starter
EazyE
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Well I was all good and ready to ship this thing back and Holy shipping cost batman! Every service I checked kept coming in between $300 to $400 for shipping. I've never shipped something from the US to the UK, does that sound right or am I doing something wrong? The package is 13 lbs. If that's the case I guess I'm keeping it. I'd be better off getting on a plane and dropping it off myself.
post #13 of 20 Old 04-27-18, 03:35
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
Well I was all good and ready to ship this thing back and Holy shipping cost batman! Every service I checked kept coming in between $300 to $400 for shipping. I've never shipped something from the US to the UK, does that sound right or am I doing something wrong? The package is 13 lbs. If that's the case I guess I'm keeping it. I'd be better off getting on a plane and dropping it off myself.
That sounds wrong to me. I've shipped much heavier stuff to Australia for less than $100 insured. Are you using USPS? My friend shipped his suit back to Italy for $80 insured.

post #14 of 20 Old 04-27-18, 04:20 Thread Starter
EazyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7909 View Post
Quote:
That sounds wrong to me. I've shipped much heavier stuff to Australia for less than $100 insured. Are you using USPS? My friend shipped his suit back to Italy for $80 insured.
I got quotes from USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx.
post #15 of 20 Old 04-28-18, 07:48
crispietofu

Wear a base layer, it helps with putting and off the suit
post #16 of 20 Old 04-28-18, 17:14
photog

I'm 5-9 about 170, 33in waist, 42" chest, kinda average/almost athletic build and the RST CXP pro series in 42 fits perfect. Its JUST barely a struggle to get on, a little struggle to get off, and reasonably comfy now that its broken in.
It did OK in my 1st lowside on the track. About 50-60mph on too cold of tires and I slid into the dirt. I had always had problems with the arm zippers, and it blew out and allowed the stretchy kevlar fabric to get ripped. I had a seamstress patch it with leather, as the kevlar material is absolutely not available anywhere for repairs (we contacted RST and a specialty leathers restorer). I lost a little stitching, but otherwise the RST suit held up. Check out Ridersdiscount as these are still a great value.
post #17 of 20 Old 04-28-18, 17:39 Thread Starter
EazyE

As I said earlier having the undersuit has made it easier. Being my first suit I panicked and really didn't know how to get in and out of it. After getting the technique down and wearing it around the house 10 times it's not really an issue anymore. The only problem is how loose it is around the lower torso. Even with a back protector.
post #18 of 20 Old 04-28-18, 17:43
Zaph

I do the Conor Mcgregor rubber arms dance and get my sweaty leathers off without any help at all. First I get it started over one shoulder then shake shake shake.

Also I recommend beer and chicken wings for perfect fit in the gut area,. Works for me. I call RST style of fit "Traditional American".
post #19 of 20 Old 04-28-18, 18:54
Kevin7909

Quote:
As I said earlier having the undersuit has made it easier. Being my first suit I panicked and really didn't know how to get in and out of it. After getting the technique down and wearing it around the house 10 times it's not really an issue anymore. The only problem is how loose it is around the lower torso. Even with a back protector.
If it's cheaper than shipping, ask around the local track for the go to suit repair shop and get them to bring it in to your size with a back and chest protector. Good shops will be skilled enough that it will fit perfectly and still look like it's never been touched.
post #20 of 20 Old 04-29-18, 21:12
Kobo1

As Mr. Chapin said..."If you walk up to anyone at a track day with your sleeve unzipped and your hand held out, they will immediately understand you need help out of your suit. The struggle is real." At home I use the vice on my bench to clamp the end of the sleeve when I find I'm on my own after a ride. Don't have a vice...Use a small 'G' clamp tied to a door handle...Where there's a brain there's a way.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement