Matching gear to the bike, do you do it? - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #31 of 35 Old 06-26-19, 19:25
mccabre

I usually won't go out of my way to get brand-matching gear for my bike (like a Triumph jacket while riding a Daytona, Honda jacket while riding a CBR, etc.), but I will try to colour match. It's definitely hardest to colour match with a green Kawasaki though, as the bigger brands don't usually sell neon green gear. Colour-matching a D675R is easy though. It's pretty much just black, white, and red, and pretty much every motorcycle gear brand has something in that colour palette.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-26-19, 20:16
Newbeme

Garage
I try to keep the colors close to the color of the bike or neutral, but non brand specific.

Happier than a seagull with a french fry!
post #33 of 35 Old 09-27-19, 21:28
Cab0oze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab0oze View Post
I originally planned to buy a black and red CBR 600RR because that's what was available locally. I needed to take a motorcycle course before buying it though, and I needed gear for that. I found the gear I wanted at the price I wanted, and luckily it was available in all the same colors (black/red helmet, gloves and jacket). Then the bike I was going to buy fell through, but a Blue and White (see avatar) Daytona came up for sale at a steal of a price and I knew I needed to have it. Long story short, it doesn't match the bike at all, but I love the bike to death and I think the colors still work (in a way) because they're all on opposite ends of the color wheel. From what people tell me, it looks pretty badass. Would I prefer if my gear matched? Yeah, but oh well.
So to follow up on this post, I finally had someone take pictures of me while riding. Going to be honest, it looks pretty f*cking cool. Click the picture to see the full thing, it's cropped in the thumbs.

post #34 of 35 Old 09-27-19, 21:42
Xyst

Off colors could be pretty cool, but for the most part, I try to match
post #35 of 35 Old 10-01-19, 17:42
ChrisAG

I bought a brown leather Triumph jacket when I had a white Honda, because I liked the understated style of the jacket (for visibility I wear a helmet with contrasting colours).

Then when I quickly outgrew the Honda CBR500R, I went searching for a new, bigger bike. I almost bought a CBR650F, but after a ton of research, went with a lightly-used '15 Daytona.

Since then I've purchased a second Triumph leather jacket (black) because I like the fit of Triumph gear, and the fact that most of their jackets are relatively plain with few splashy logos.

So, matching my gear to the bike came afterwards... at first it was coincidental.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement