Metal head thread - Page 13 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

post #121 of 129 Old 10-27-17, 19:08
ducdiver

I saw Mastodon with Eagles of Death Metal and Russian Circles at the Orpheum in Vancouver BC Wednesday night. Awesome! They were much tighter than when i saw them in '05 in Glasgow. Is cool too see how a band grows in 12 years. This was also the first concert my 9 year old came to. It's an interesting experience going to a show and not having it turn into beer fueled chaos with a bunch of buddies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 11-03-17, 13:56
Griffin

Garage
for life!

2007 Triumph Daytona 675 (track)
2014 BMW S1000R (street)
post #123 of 129 Old 11-03-17, 18:01
Cloner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdiver View Post
I saw Mastodon with Eagles of Death Metal and Russian Circles at the Orpheum in Vancouver BC Wednesday night. Awesome! They were much tighter than when i saw them in '05 in Glasgow. Is cool too see how a band grows in 12 years. This was also the first concert my 9 year old came to. It's an interesting experience going to a show and not having it turn into beer fueled chaos with a bunch of buddies.

Emperor of Sand!!!!!

I saw Mastodon twelve or fourteen years ago at a little place called The Local in Chattanooga, TN. It was about the size of my office and you had to squeeze past the drummer to get into the front door. They played for a solid two hours after their opening band, Double Dick Slick, finished earlier in the evening. They were good then, and they're better now! Glad you got a chance to see them in B.C.!

"Never appeal to a man's better nature. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage."
---Robert A. Heinlein

post #124 of 129 Old 01-04-18, 16:25
IxKaCKIxI

For anyone in the DC area, Atlas Brew Works has recently had a slew of Black/Death Metal shows. Pretty great when you can drink some local beers and while banging your head. The Pinch seems to be having some good shows coming up as well.

Check out upcoming shows at: https://dcheavymetal.com/upcoming-concerts/

\m/
post #125 of 129 Old 01-26-18, 05:43
Mu3rte

Well, Slayer is calling it. Final tour this year. I've been lucky to have seen them six times so far, and plan to make it a seventh in May. They're doing their final tour with Lamb of God, Testament & Behemoth. I saw Slayer, Lamb of God & Behemoth earlier this year & it was fantastic. I have to say I wasn't, in the beginning, a Slayer fan, but their live shows have always been top notch. It's sad to see a pioneer of the genre bow out. Oh, and I won't miss a Lamb of God show. Those ****ers bring it every time.
post #126 of 129 Old 01-27-18, 01:42
SmackHappy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu3rte View Post
Well, Slayer is calling it. Final tour this year. I've been lucky to have seen them six times so far, and plan to make it a seventh in May. They're doing their final tour with Lamb of God, Testament & Behemoth. I saw Slayer, Lamb of God & Behemoth earlier this year & it was fantastic. I have to say I wasn't, in the beginning, a Slayer fan, but their live shows have always been top notch. It's sad to see a pioneer of the genre bow out. Oh, and I won't miss a Lamb of God show. Those ****ers bring it every time.

Chris from NYC
400 Bandit (sold)
2002 SV650s (sold)
2008 R6r (stolen)
2006 Daytona (current)
post #127 of 129 Old 10-23-19, 02:20
PoppyAOK

I'm into metal back when I was in my teens. The Big 4 of Metal, Pantera, SlipKnot...then I mellowed down the past couple of years. The only band I'm following now is
and this japanese metal band called
post #128 of 129 Old 10-23-19, 04:22 Thread Starter
Torchsport
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota
Well since I still get email alerts from here I figured I'd chime in.

I saw Slayer, log,Amon Amarth and Cannibal Corpse at the Bonner Springs Amphitheater earlier this year.
Awesome show!
Just saw Amon Amarth again with Arch Enemy a few weeks ago.

Listening to Alien Weaponry right now.
post #129 of 129 Old 12-20-19, 18:50
Phalanx

Haiduk

death metal solo project

| phalanx |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement