DIY Race Harness Questions - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 22 Old 05-12-20, 20:34 Thread Starter
Cayden2
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manxkiwi View Post
Hi there, you can get rid of the ignition barrel easily. You just need to group three sets of wires together. I can tell you what they are if you PM me. In the thread that I got the info from (it's somewhere on this site), people were concerned about laying it all out in the forum for fear of people using it for theft.

I joined the wires on the ignition barrel side of the multi connector block. You can then just remove the block plug for instant disablement of the bike. When the plug is in, the kill switch turns the ignition on and off. Easy.

Hope this is of some help? Cheers.

Awesome I'll be shooting you a PM!

This is how the bike is sitting presently. I have to make sure it can still turn on and run before I start cutting out more things . I forgot to take a picture of it but I presently have the two wires that go to the kill switch soldered together because I had an internal break in the wires leading up to it (which took FOREVER to find). Sounds like with the way you have it set up I can remove the alarm connector plug because this will essentially be doing the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_174303.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	252611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_174235.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	252613  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 05-12-20, 21:06
manxkiwi

Garage
Make sure you snip the right wire! Ha ha. Looks like a big job. PM replied to. Best of luck.
post #13 of 22 Old 05-29-20, 11:16 Thread Starter
Cayden2

So the race harness is coming along pretty well. Almost done. 1 question if anyone knows or not.

Is there any need to actually have the relays in there any more, or can wire them to be in the *on* position at all times. Only relays left are fuel pump, ECM, and starter relay. I am keeping the fuse box for obvious reasons, but if the relays can be switched to always on and the wires soldered together, then why not.

post #14 of 22 Old 05-29-20, 15:20
TTRIgnitionSystems
Site Sponsor

I would leave the relays. There's a lot more going on in the typical FP relay than just moving contacts.

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll
=> Bolt-on / Plug-in QS kits for Triumph 675/765 US$150
=> Bolt-on / Plug-in Reverse (GP) Shift kit for Triumph 675/765 US$250
post #15 of 22 Old 05-29-20, 15:24
MGFChapin

Garage
The factory race harness only has 2 relays. One is definitely for the fan but I don't even have a fan anymore. The other one...starter maybe? I can check when I'm at the track on Monday.
post #16 of 22 Old 06-01-20, 01:38 Thread Starter
Cayden2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRIgnitionSystems View Post
I would leave the relays. There's a lot more going on in the typical FP relay than just moving contacts.
Oh really? That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought that. Any idea what functions it may be tinkering with the whole time? The only relays left are Fuel pump, ECM, and starter. I would imagine they stay "on" the whole time, but all 3 communicate back to the ECU, so modulation in the information relayed to it would have to do something I imagine.
post #17 of 22 Old 06-01-20, 01:54 Thread Starter
Cayden2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
The factory race harness only has 2 relays. One is definitely for the fan but I don't even have a fan anymore. The other one...starter maybe? I can check when I'm at the track on Monday.
That's odd that they would have one for the fan because I dont imagine any race bike having a radiator fan at this point. The 3 I'm looking at right now are EMS, starter, and fuel pump.

Starter relay is blue. Normally 5 wires though mine has 4 because I pulled the blue one that would normally be involved in the lighting circuit. Blue and yellow goes to starter fuse. Red and white goes to starter button. Brown and yellow reports back to ECU. The last red and white going to the starter solenoid.

EMS relay is black. Brown and pink going to the ECU and and ignition coils. Yellow and silver to the ECU. Black ground wire to the the bundle towards the alarm connector. Last brown and pink from fuse #6.

The last is the fuel pump relay I believe (I can't find it in the wire diagram on the service manual). It has a purple and white going to the fuel pump connector. A black and purple going to the grey ECU plug. A green and silver as wheel as a green and red, where I can't see exactly where they go because of the eletrical tape covering it right now. I think one goes to the dash connector and the other part of the starter switch/run switch complex.
post #18 of 22 Old 06-01-20, 04:09
TTRIgnitionSystems
Site Sponsor

I stand corrected - looking through the wiring diagram, there's nothing like a Yamaha's multifunction (relays, resistors, and diodes) relay blocks.

Never mind ...

TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll
=> Bolt-on / Plug-in QS kits for Triumph 675/765 US$150
=> Bolt-on / Plug-in Reverse (GP) Shift kit for Triumph 675/765 US$250
post #19 of 22 Old 06-01-20, 11:59 Thread Starter
Cayden2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRIgnitionSystems View Post
I stand corrected - looking through the wiring diagram, there's nothing like a Yamaha's multifunction (relays, resistors, and diodes) relay blocks.

Never mind ...

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification!
post #20 of 22 Old 06-17-20, 00:54
GoDSaLo

Garage
gonna try this asap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement