Turning a street bike into a track bike : 2011 Daytona 675 - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #31 of 34 Old 07-02-20, 12:14
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
For sure. That’s why it’s fun to try new disciplines. I was going flat tracking this year before the virus shit it down. I showed you the 85 I bought to race didn’t I?
Don't think I've seen that, no. Does look like a blast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 08-13-20, 02:51 Thread Starter
alpine 318is
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Update - Time to change the title from Track Bike to Race Bike

No real repair items of notes. Bike has been running perfect so no reason to mess with it. Been doing track days a bunch this summer. The Ridge Motorsports Park got a chicane this summer and that added 7-9 seconds to lap times. A New Racer School track day came up and so I decided it was time to send it and go racing. Signed up, pass the on track session and finished up the classroom session this past weekend. Next time you see the bike it will have black and yellow novice numbers

Picture from the NRS

First race for me will be Aug 16 so I went out with @MGFChapin this last Monday (8-10) to get some final laps in before it gets real. Few 2:01s and a bunch of 2:02/2:03 so I'm feeling pretty good going into the race. I know it will be WAY different than track days and I'm excited!

Pitting with Paul - Track pictures incoming

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61872112008__2C405E29-50A4-475A-99B0-C8E8EC2AEBDF.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	253369  

2011 Triumph Daytona 675
post #33 of 34 Old 11-16-20, 15:37 Thread Starter
alpine 318is

Garage
Time for a quick update. What started out as a street bike turned into a track bike and after August 16th it was officially a race bike. No changes to the bike in between the track day and the race day just some fresh rubber.

I did my first race on August 16th at the Ridge Motorsports Park. I wasn't able to make the Saturday qualifying so I was stuck at the back of the grid for the race on Sunday. There was a big group doing 2:00 laps and another big group doing 2:10 laps. I was hoping with a good start there was a chance I could stick with the 2:00 group. Unfortunately i didn't get the start I wanted and was slotted behind most the group. I was able to get past the slower riders into 7th position at the start of lap 3 of 6, and set off chasing down 6th. After 2 laps I wasn't gaining on him and so I decided to back off the pace and just finish the race which i did in 7th. Overall a pretty boring first race but I popped my cherry and was excited for the next round

Video -

2011 Triumph Daytona 675

post #34 of 34 Old 11-16-20, 15:43 Thread Starter
alpine 318is

Garage
My 2nd race was September 5th at Pacific Raceways. I was able to make qualifying this round and after a couple of strong laps I was able to qualify 5th. Didn't get a dream start but it wasn't bad and slotted into 6th place. I was able to hang onto 5th place and reel him in but he was much better at getting past the slower 1000cc riders (we do wave starts with 1000cc novice riders). No enough laps to catch 5th so I ended up finishing 6th.

This will be the final update to the thread as I have decided to sell the bike and have bought a 2014 Daytona 675r for the upcoming race season.

Thanks for watching and looking!

Videos:

2011 Triumph Daytona 675
The Following User Says Thank You to alpine 318is For This Useful Post:
MGFChapin (11-16-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement