Venturi System Velocity stacks installed on my 16 Street Triple - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 25 Old 08-24-18, 21:26 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

Venturi System Velocity stacks installed on my 16 Street Triple

As the title states,

Got around to installing the Venturi Systems velocity stacks on my 2016 Street Triple (standard). The fit and finish of the velocity stacks is superb. The hardest part was getting the 4mm allen head bolts into place under the trumpets.

I know some will ask for sound videos, but you can't really hear the induction noise much over the exhaust anymore.

However, i purchased these as a supplemental mod, and so far the drivability and throttle response has become more smooth overall.

I currently have the Arrow map, Velocity stacks, and the Zard short silencer. There is some fueling break up under 4k rpm when light on the throttle, but the rest of the range is unaffected.

However, I think its time to get the PC5 installed and taken to a dyno tuner to dial everything in and see how she responds.

Anyways, here are photos from completion to the beginning.

VS supplied spacers into factory mounting locations.

Pre-assembly

OEM versus Venturi System

Stock

Inlet tract
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JauntyBishop For This Useful Post:
kknn24 (08-25-18), Rookie28 (08-24-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 00:22
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Get it dyno tuned AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I have the Arrow race map (for full exhausts). It wasn't near enough.

I have these too, and my autotune had to add 39% fuel, to keep it from overheating. It's running WAY too lean. I have a 2014 Daytona R.

With that said, wait until you get it tuned. It's gonna be a wheelie bike. Mine will come up in 2nd gear, with no help (no clutching, no pulling on bars).
post #3 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 00:31
Rookie28

Garage
Venturi System Velocity stacks installed on my 16 Street Triple

Please do share dyno results after tunning. If it can really increase the power that drastically I’ll immediately place an order for mine!

My ‘14 STR has K&N air filter, de-cat headers, SC Projects Conic exhaust, larger intake screen, and tuned PCV... only makes 96HP at the wheel, so I’d be impressed to see anything above 100 from another streetie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 03:53 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Get it dyno tuned AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I have the Arrow race map (for full exhausts). It wasn't near enough.

I have these too, and my autotune had to add 39% fuel, to keep it from overheating. It's running WAY too lean. I have a 2014 Daytona R.

With that said, wait until you get it tuned. It's gonna be a wheelie bike. Mine will come up in 2nd gear, with no help (no clutching, no pulling on bars).
Thanks shamrock for the heads up.

Fortunately I haven't driven more than maybe 15miles but i figured it's time to get this thing tuned.

I was going to install the Daytona header and trailer the bike to the dyno vs driving. But I'll probably hold off on the header since it's a test fitment and not 100% sure it will work. Something Trmn8tr and I were working on.

So it's safe to say this street teiple of mine should be an animal after tuning.

So far it's already leaps ahead of what it was before. The powerband feels much stronger than before already.
post #5 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 04:03 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie28 View Post
Please do share dyno results after tunning. If it can really increase the power that drastically I’ll immediately place an order for mine!

My ‘14 STR has K&N air filter, de-cat headers, SC Projects Conic exhaust, larger intake screen, and tuned PCV... only makes 96HP at the wheel, so I’d be impressed to see anything above 100 from another streetie.
So far my only mods are intake screen delete, zard short silencer slip on, and the VS velocity stacks. Arrow slip on map from dealer.

As far as power results I've only seen a dyno before and after on venturi system website as well as on UKRS. There was a 3whp peak gain but the gains under the curve were substantial. Basically the entire powerband was fattened.

Makes sense since these velocity stacks were optimized (more so over factory design) for the street triple compression, camshaft profile, etc...

There is a lot of over run popping under 4k rpm when off throttle so she is lean.

I'm not sure how much the factory ECU compensates but as stated above a custom tune will be required.

I'm not sure what kind of power I'll make as each dyno/motorcycle is different. I've seen that general consensus for stock 2013+ street triples is around 92-95whp.
post #6 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 04:06 Thread Starter
JauntyBishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post

I have these too, and my autotune had to add 39% fuel, to keep it from overheating. It's running WAY too lean. I have a 2014 Daytona

Do you or anyone else recommend using the Powercommander Ignition module for this setup or is that better suited for Daytona cam swap.

I'm assuming the factory ignition timing is sufficient for the modifications I have even with the fueling dialed in.
post #7 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 06:17
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

My Daytona has OEM ignition timings.
post #8 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 07:26
Bamboo671

Garage
So I'm curious about this mod. What's the benefit of it. I mean, the level of the UKRS stacks vs the OEM stacks are the same so what's giving it the gain? I have de-catted headers, the Arrow conical race exhaust, Rapid Bike Evo module and MWR filter. Do I stand to gain much and do you think I will run into any problems with waiting for the RB Evo module to auto-adjust the fueling?

All that said, my bike is not with me and I am just asking so I can get my shopping list going for when I get back to her! They do look super clean!

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build

"Win or learn...never lose"
post #9 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 09:34
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo671 View Post
So I'm curious about this mod. What's the benefit of it. I mean, the level of the UKRS stacks vs the OEM stacks are the same so what's giving it the gain? I have de-catted headers, the Arrow conical race exhaust, Rapid Bike Evo module and MWR filter. Do I stand to gain much and do you think I will run into any problems with waiting for the RB Evo module to auto-adjust the fueling?

All that said, my bike is not with me and I am just asking so I can get my shopping list going for when I get back to her! They do look super clean!
Basically they grant greater pneumatic leverage when getting air into the engine.
post #10 of 25 Old 08-25-18, 13:23
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JauntyBishop View Post

I'm assuming the factory ignition timing is sufficient for the modifications I have even with the fueling dialed in.
I've been studying engine theory a lot lately and I've noticed that when a drastic change to the exhaust system is made, ignition advance needs adjustment as well. The reason is that what most people call "back pressure" (in reality it is the ability of the exhaust system to vacate the cylinder of exhaust gases and allow the phenomenon of "sucking in" fresh mixture because of the momentum of the exhaust gas, during valve overlap) affects the speed of flame spreading during the next fire cycle of the cylinder.

If you take a look at the factory ignition advance maps of the Street Triple and the Street Triple R with Arrow 3:1 you'll see significant differences in advance timing, with the ST having significantly increased values at several areas of the map. And this is according to the theory which says that the stricter exhaust causes more exhaust gas to be left within the cylinder, which impedes the spread of the flame front during the next cycle so more advance is needed to compensate for this reduced flame-spread speed.

So I suspect there are even more gains to be had if this is sorted out as well.

Last edited by Plasmablaster; 08-25-18 at 15:20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement