Triumph 675 Forums banner

TuneEcu and newer Street Triple

11K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  RCStreet 
#1 ·
I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this...

Does TuneEcu work with the newer ecu's? I'm working on a 15' and I've tried to connect with my cable and via bluetooth with no success.

#2 ·
Usually the devil is in details with such matters. Check documentation for versions of everything and verify. Version of TuneECU itself, version of Android of your device, version of OBDII bluetooth adapter, OTG USB cable etc. Other than that I can't offer any input. My 2010 has had no trouble connecting no matter the method. - cable or bluetooth.

#3 ·
Mine works fine as well with bikes older than 2013. Triumph changed their ecu's in 2013 and I've read that they may work with TuneEcu and I've also read that they don't. Just hoping to get a definitive answer either way. According to the TuneEcu site the vin is within range for Bluetooth connectivity, but it's not wanting to connect.

#8 ·
I can confirm 100% it's working on the newer gen bikes. I have flashed both my Street as well as the race bike, and it works perfectly.

Diagnostic functions as well as fuel-remapping, disable SAI/O2 etc are all working 100%. You can write the F tables, change idle RPM tables, disable the F/L switch, bleed ABS, basically all functions except reading a map from the ECU.

The requirements are:
1. Any decent Android tablet with Bluetooth capability
2. Latest TuneECU from the Google Play store
3. OBDLink LX dongle (Amazon) - this is important, and is the only one currently confirmed working

Reactions: Rookie28
#9 ·
OBDLink LX dongle (Amazon) - this is important, and is the only one currently confirmed working
The OBDLink MX works too, apparently.

Working on customer's bikes in the past, I had to pay Dealertool to register each ECU. Now the latest version of TuneECU lets me do all the same stuff and more, with as many different bikes as I want. I'm happy with it to say the least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.