Triumph 675 Forums banner

Hello

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Phandingo 
#1 ·
Hello all.

I recently purchased a 2017 D675R and spent day one breaking her in for ~288mi from purchase destination to home. I am transitioning from a '14 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec so I look forward to enjoying the curves with this one.

Here she is, posted up and all

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome. I rode a bolt once, this one will take a lot more lean than the bolt. I scraped the foot pegs on the bolt less than 30 seconds after sitting on the bike just getting it out of a parking lot. My friend (who owned the bike) didn't seem too impressed at the time.

#4 ·
hahaha....i scrapped the foot pegs as well once I got SUPER comfortable with the Bolt. it was my first bike and took me roughly 10mo to figure out how fast I could go into turns, how far i could lean into those turns and whatnot.

I don't know about your friend but I found it somewhat satisfying feeling the pavement scrape against the footpegs during turns....:grin2:

#5 ·
He has unfortunately moved away, but it scared the hell out of me when I did it. I'm used to a bike that can take more lean than your nerve can throw at it, then, I jumped on the bolt and didn't even get out of the parking lot and hard parts were scraping.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.