Triumph 675 Forums banner

Ever just got a warning from CHP?

16K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Aplinist 
#1 ·
I've gotten two tickets pretty close to each other. The first one, I deserved. The recent one, doing 70 in a 65. The officer told me there was a suburban doing about 90mph, but he saw the officer and slowed down while I continued to "speed", so he had to pull me over. Riiiight.. talk about discrimination. The irony is the day I choose to just kick back near the slow lane and chill, I end up getting a speeding ticket. I had another CHP officer pulling me over almost daily as I was waiting for my plates to come.

Just wondering if anyone's ever been pulled over by CHP and not gotten a ticket??

#5 ·
I have never gotten a warning from an officer while riding my bike. But I couldn't blame them. I got my first and only 3 tickets in my life when i was 18 and on my first bike (89 CBR600). All of those were within 30 days and ranged from 90/30, 102/55 and a license suspending 142/55.

Since 1995, I have not had a ticket at all. I have gotten verbals from Fairfax County two times in my Civic but never again on my bike. I also do not ride like I used to.

Oh, and if you know Virginia and you know Fairfax County, you will know getting 2 verbals was grounds to go buying a lotto ticket.

#6 ·
first week i had my bike (and no M endorsement because i didnt transfer it when i moved) i took a baby interstate that ends in the middle of the city. its 65mph i think but drops to 40mph the last few miles. anyway, i was still cruising 70 and look over to see a memphis officer on his mpd harley riding next to me pointing at the speedo, he then gave me a thumbs up :laugh:

#8 ·
Just wondering if anyone's ever been pulled over by CHP and not gotten a ticket??
Oh, and if you know Virginia and you know Fairfax County, you will know getting 2 verbals was grounds to go buying a lotto ticket.
Pulled over by the CHP once, dude was cool, he was ex-navy, I'm Coast Guard, we chatted; then the bastard gave me a ticket.

Stopped by Fairfax county cops four times; tickets three times.

Been given warnings by: Washington State Police, Blue Ridge Parkway park rangers, some local Alabama yokel cop, and a few others.

I think I'm ticket-free since 2005/2006-ish.

#9 ·
trial de novo. trial by declaration. got off on a ticket doing 95mph on the 10 Fwy near PCH? The officer couldn't catch me in my white 128ci, he was too far back. Funny thing is there was another white BMW that was doing 100 + mph and passed me. His Crown Victoria was too slow, ticket was dismissed. Wrong Car...

#11 ·
Even LEOs as myself fall victim to the CHP. Got pulled over for splitting traffic at 80 in minimal traffic. Flashed the ID and badge, and he advised me on the moving violations, and just raked me over the coals with all the modifications that needed to be fixed. I take it he was a bit upset over losing out on his stat for the day.

#12 ·
I've gotten pulled over by a CHP and was left off with just a warning. I was riding back to college at around 12 am and was splitting the carpool lane. This was before when I only had my permit and didn't know any better but long story short, I got left off with just a warning for the following: going in and out of the carpool lane, riding on the freeway without a M and riding at night without a M(only had permit at that time). It was my first time being pulled over on my bike:whistle:

#15 ·
Highway Patrol or State Police/Patrol in ANY state has a tendency to give very few warnings. Those guys are trained to see only black and white. Law breaking or nothing. They don't stop you unless they plan on writing you a ticket.

From the viewpoint of a LEO I can honestly say I hate that about them. It's like they only hire guys who were born with no sense of discretion. Right is right and wrong is wrong. No grey area.

Every once in a while I will come across a Trooper who just doesn't fit the "mold" and they usually don't last long because they don't fit in within the department.

#17 ·
On my way back from Vegas last year i was going through Riverside CA. about 90ish in a 65. got pulled over. i turned off the bike placed the keys on the tank, removed my helmet, and put the kickstand down. the CHP officer approached me chewed my ass for about 10-15 seconds, walked back to his car (i assumed to write a ticket) and when i turned to see if he was going to ask for my info told me "well, get the F**K outa here." and i didnt need to be told twice. still dont know why he didnt atleast ask for my liscense, reg, and ins. but im not complaining

#19 ·
Only been pulled over once on the bike and that was because I bought it out of state and the state I bought it from told me I could not get temp tags for it so I was riding without any sort of plate/temp. I had all my stuff straight so he let me go.I have been going pretty fast and passed a cop sitting on the side of the interstate. He just flashed his lights and neer gave chase. Been lucky on the bike so far, the car and work truck seem to get popped for stupid things a lot though.

#20 ·
Back in '05 I got pulled over for speeding by CHP, and he didn't even give me a warning. Just told me not to do it again.

It was probably the government plates and uniform that kept me out of trouble though...:rofl2:

Fortunately, that's the only CHP encounter I've had.

#26 ·
Born and Raised in IL.

ISP do not mess around. They give tickets. I Work in a suburb of approximately 40,000 people. I have bigger fish to fry then a motorcyclist going 10MPH over the speed limit. Now if you are going 125, there is no way I am going to catch up...so why even bother. If you are on the Interstate, watch out. ISP loves to catch Motorcyclists.....

#27 ·
Im scared to write this, for the fear on jinxing myself. But I accidentally ran from the police once (I was splitting traffic doing 80-90 on a road that mirrors the interstate) trying to get ahead of some slow 18 wheelers. I guess he was chasing me because I sped down this road, took a really sharp turn into jacuzzi supply store that had a brick wall around the parking lot, i got off my bike, walked into the store, I looked over my shoulder to see a cop with sirens blaring haul ass around the same hairpin turn and kept speeding up that road, he didnt see me, and I didnt know I was outrunning him.

Twice pulled over when riding with another bike, once in front and once in bike, both time the cops gave my friend a ticket and both times they said they couldnt get a beam on me, I was riding a suzuki sv650s, half naked....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.