Tires (yes again) - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 13 Old 10-24-20, 18:33 Thread Starter
spychic

Garage
Tires (yes again)

Pandemic has led to a tire shortage. Having trouble finding a mated set. Local shop rx Conti Motions b/c they're cheap and they have the front in stock so just need a rear. Revzilla reviewers rate them as a 3.5 or less tire.

I don't mind spending more but have never much loved what came on the preowned 2012 D, OEM Corsa in front and rear Rosso IIs. Not worn just over 5 years old and hardening rubber now lets go in curves.

Love loved the Pirelli Dragons from my '07 D675 b/c they had a much rounder profile, handled monsoons, and gripped in all temperatures. The treads look a bit like the Rosso IIs, but those have not inspired the same confidence in leans.

Am not knee dragging or doing more than spirited country and city riding. Aggressive maneuvers muchvless often and only occasional commutes.

So just let me know what you like and why. With so many tire options, wish tires could be an ongoing forum thread. I get that while we all ride the same bike, how we ride is likely much different than someone else. But hearing 675 owner opinions applies more than random Amazon or Revzilla reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-24-20, 19:48
NewYork

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychic View Post
Pandemic has led to a tire shortage. Having trouble finding a mated set. Local shop rx Conti Motions b/c they're cheap and they have the front in stock so just need a rear. Revzilla reviewers rate them as a 3.5 or less tire.

I don't mind spending more but have never much loved what came on the preowned 2012 D, OEM Corsa in front and rear Rosso IIs. Not worn just over 5 years old and hardening rubber now lets go in curves.

Love loved the Pirelli Dragons from my '07 D675 b/c they had a much rounder profile, handled monsoons, and gripped in all temperatures. The treads look a bit like the Rosso IIs, but those have not inspired the same confidence in leans.

Am not knee dragging or doing more than spirited country and city riding. Aggressive maneuvers muchvless often and only occasional commutes.

So just let me know what you like and why. With so many tire options, wish tires could be an ongoing forum thread. I get that while we all ride the same bike, how we ride is likely much different than someone else. But hearing 675 owner opinions applies more than random Amazon or Revzilla reviews.

I have only ridden this bike (14 675R) with the tires it came with SuperCorsa SPs and now I have my track tires from last season SuperCorsa Track Day. I only ride in dry weather and ride curvy backroads/up state mountain roads mostly at a moderate pace and these things just grip all day but we all know that already...Pirellis are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 Old 10-25-20, 08:59
Chirp

Dunlop Q3's. I use them on everything including my track bike. Excellent traction dry, wet, cold. Reasonably priced. On my 675's I got just over 3k miles rear and just under 6k front. That was using 36 psi rear and 33 front. Mostly moderately aggressive sport riding on Pennsylvania back roads.

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Duke 690, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '18 Street Triple RS, '20 R1250R

post #4 of 13 Old 10-25-20, 11:25
Renboy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirp View Post
Dunlop Q3's. I use them on everything including my track bike. Excellent traction dry, wet, cold. Reasonably priced. On my 675's I got just over 3k miles rear and just under 6k front. That was using 36 psi rear and 33 front. Mostly moderately aggressive sport riding on Pennsylvania back roads.
Agreed on the q3's. Next year I'm moving to slicks but this year I got 7 tracks days out of a set. They won't hold up to a fast pace in red/A/advanced, but they're perfectly capable in a medium group.

The sooner you introduce motorcycles into your children's lives, the less likely they'll have money for drugs, alcohol and cigarettes as teenagers.
post #5 of 13 Old 10-26-20, 06:35
Chirp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renboy View Post
Agreed on the q3's. Next year I'm moving to slicks but this year I got 7 tracks days out of a set. They won't hold up to a fast pace in red/A/advanced, but they're perfectly capable in a medium group.
Which is the group I ride in. I should have noted that the 675's I refer to on mileage were previous Street Triple 675's.

'61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Duke 690, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '18 Street Triple RS, '20 R1250R
post #6 of 13 Old 10-26-20, 19:21
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Another vote for Dunlop Q3+. They last, heat up easy, and they are a fraction of the price of other brands.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-04-20, 14:41
Bmore

Garage
Dunlop has been offering rebates for their Q3+'s for years too. Make sure you send your receipt to Dunlop.
post #8 of 13 Old 11-10-20, 12:00
Arawn

For that kind of use I'd go with Michelin Road 5s. The Q3 are fantastic, but short lived, and if you're not pushing it there is no point in going with that kind of tire. The Road 5 is surprisingly capable and leaps and bounds better in the wet, not to mention it will last twice as long as a Q3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_103010.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	253701  
post #9 of 13 Old 11-11-20, 09:06
RickT

Pirelli Angel GT

I've been running Pirelli Angel GT's for the past few years (on my second set). Find them great in dry and wet conditions as well as gripping well in the cold. I'm not the knee dragger type of rider so if you're looking for outright performance these may not fit your needs.

I also find I get more than double the mileage as I did from my prior tires.
post #10 of 13 Old 11-13-20, 03:48
proteus

On the streets, I'd still go for Supercorsas, because they'll easily last 3,000+ miles, so they're well worth the extra cost in grip / confidence / safety.
The Following User Says Thank You to proteus For This Useful Post:
NewYork (11-15-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement