I really need some help as I tried almost everything at this stage and not sure what the root cause of the problem is.
Bike - 2007 Daytona 675
2 Weeks ago had issue with starting. Looked checked battery (Yuasa installed end Jan19)
and voltage was way low. I charged it up and bike had no issue staring but after a day battery was back to low so everything pointed to issue with charging likely R/R as this was still OEM triumph part most likely from new or recall (not sure).
I was doing major service anyway so asked my mechanic buddy to check this for me as well. He did some test and..
When we open stator cover up the lovely smell of burnt stator was first indication that something is really f***.
Anyway stator was partially burned so I ordered new stator plus new R/R and thought that will be it
Changed and plugged everything, bike run fine battery charged so of I went happy. Next morning all was good as well until afternoon commute home. Started to lose rpm's and finally died on traffic lights.
Anyway went back to garage check that everything is as it should be but seemed that R/R that we put in was source of the trouble so finally ordered MOSFET one from RMStator.
Put that, bike starts fine and output from R/R to battery is as it should be but wires from stator to R/R are heating up like crazy. Voltage is fine but current is strangely high at 28A.
Is this normal? What should be the current output from Stator?
Any ideas why wires would heat up so much?
I would be tearing my hair out if not already bold