1st 1 piece suit, need help with fitment. - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #1 of 20 Old 04-25-18, 20:07 Thread Starter
EazyE

1st 1 piece suit, need help with fitment.

I ordered my 1st 1 piece suit (see attached pics). RST trachtech Evo III, size Uk/US 42. I'm 5'10" 186 -189. I understand these things are made to be for the race position and not made for comfort when walking. My 1st time trying it on was an interesting experience. Getting it on was tough enough but trying to get it off, omg 😳! Unfortunately my wife was at work so I was stuck for a while. I thought I was going to have to call 911. Luckily my 5 yr old was able to assist me and I finally got it off.

The suit feels fine on the bike and I can walk in it (not normally) and it takes some effort to zip but it goes on. Im pretty thin but as tight as it is everywhere it is extremely generous around the waist if you can tell from the side pic. I'm afraid if I go up a size I will look like an umpa lumpa. The hardest part is getting it off over my shoulders. I workout regularly and I feel if I gain even half a cm in width that thing won't come off.

Is it supposed to be this difficult to put on and to take off? Do these things stretch? Also I'm wearing a 1piece undersuit. Still difficult to get off but much easier than without, but I also am not sweating from a day at the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20180425-182723_Video Player_1524696242324.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	244169   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20180425-182509_Video Player_1524696255087.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	244177   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20180425-184038_Video Player_1524696263180.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	244185   Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20180425-183745_Video Player_1524696274536.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	244193  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-25-18, 21:03
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
Can confirm. Nearly impossible to take my suit off by myself once sweaty. That's what friends are for.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
post #3 of 20 Old 04-25-18, 21:08
mikewitki

Looks like a tight fit, which is ok, but if you are uncomfortable then it is not worth it.
The suit may not be cut for your build. You seem to have very wide shoulders and a small waist. Good for you, you are in shape, however bad for that suit. Some suits have well placed stretch panels that help in fitment. Others not so much. I would probably go up one size, especially if you will continue putting on the gains and if you expect to have to upgrade to wearing a back protector. They are usually required in intermediate and beyond track riding.

-2011 Daytona 675-
Jardine RT-1 Slip on - GB Protection Bundle - Cox Radiator Guard - GP Rear brake Fluid Reservoir - Carbon Fiber Tank Pad - 1050 Throttle tube - Comp Werks Integrated Taillight - Tail Tidy -

post #4 of 20 Old 04-25-18, 21:15
ducdiver

I've got one track day on my RST (thanks TJ) and it's a bit of a fight getting off, especially when I'm wearing my Astar back protector. The benefit of being stuck at the track is that there's always someone willing to help you out. I'll trade a little extra effort getting in and out of my suit for the piece of mind of not having the zipper blow out on a 2 piece.
post #5 of 20 Old 04-25-18, 22:39 Thread Starter
EazyE
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdiver View Post
I've got one track day on my RST (thanks TJ) and it's a bit of a fight getting off, especially when I'm wearing my Astar back protector. The benefit of being stuck at the track is that there's always someone willing to help you out. I'll trade a little extra effort getting in and out of my suit for the piece of mind of not having the zipper blow out on a 2 piece.
Which one do you have? Are they all made with a beer belly in mind? I feel like mine is made for a boney pregnant women. I'm screwed either way, if I go up then it's going to be even looser in the waist, if I go down I seriously doubt I could get it on. Getting in and out of this suit has made me unlock flexibitlities I never knew I had, short of purposely dislocating a shoulder to remove it. I am expecting my back protector to come in tomorrow so I will try again.
post #6 of 20 Old 04-25-18, 23:09
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdiver View Post
Which one do you have? Are they all made with a beer belly in mind? I feel like mine is made for a boney pregnant women. I'm screwed either way, if I go up then it's going to be even looser in the waist, if I go down I seriously doubt I could get it on. Getting in and out of this suit has made me unlock flexibitlities I never knew I had, short of purposely dislocating a shoulder to remove it
I don't think that suit fits your body type. I think your body type would be better suited to dianese laguna seca type fit.

My friend who lifts and is 5'11.5 and ~200 (big chest small waist) wears a 52 Laguna seca and he cannot wear a back protector but his suit around the stomach still looks flat when standing up. My astar suit is also flat when I stand up. I'm 5'11 and ~160.

Try the following to get the suit off: Kneel down and bend over and put both hands behind your back and use one hand to pull the sleeve off the opposite arm(so left hand pulling right sleeve off the right hand and by extension off the right shoulder). Repeat for other side when arm is out.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-26-18, 02:07
MGFChapin

Garage
If you walk up to anyone at a track day with your sleeve unzipped and your hand held out, they will immediately understand you need help out of your suit. The struggle is real.
post #8 of 20 Old 04-26-18, 04:04
ducdiver

[/QUOTE]Which one do you have? Are hey all made with a beer belly in mind?[/QUOTE]

I've got the pro series, riders discount was seeking them this winter for a great price. I'm 6'2" 240lbs and my size 60 fits great. I've got some room left in the middle but with a back and chest protector it's a great fit through the chest. I'm working on my beer belly so it'll loosen up a bit I'm sure but it'll still be good minus ten pounds or more.
post #9 of 20 Old 04-26-18, 12:40
hzhong456

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
If you walk up to anyone at a track day with your sleeve unzipped and your hand held out, they will immediately understand you need help out of your suit. The struggle is real.
TRUTH!!!
post #10 of 20 Old 04-26-18, 13:53
Hooligaz675

Garage
Are you wearing a thermal base layer under the suit? It's easier to get the suit on and off with the base layers. You can either get base layer t-shirt (long sleeve) and pants, or 1-piece under suit.

Also are you able to squat in that RST?

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

Last edited by Hooligaz675; 04-26-18 at 14:04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement