Annoying plastic screws - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 3 Old 01-17-20, 10:35 Thread Starter
mc_kabbo

Annoying plastic screws

Hi everyone,

currently I'm trying to install led indicators on my 2015 Daytona675R. In order to do that, I tried to remove the side fairings. Basically that's really easy, but these incredibly stupid plastics screws are driving me mad. Can somebody explain how to remove them probperly? When I'm screwing (softly) nothing happens. The screw and plastic arround is turning. So i can screw untill next year and it still won't come out.

I get the ones removed, which endings I can press together.

Help please I'm getting crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-20, 22:04
jollyrog3r88

Garage
I ****ing hate those screws! I found that using the long needle nose pliers to pinch from the opposite side was the easiest way for me. You can always try and pull the plastic 'out' a little while screwing to see if you can get more bite.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-20, 12:20
Arawn

Just pull on the base of it, that will put pressure on the middle screw thing and then you can unscrew it. I like them better than the big plastic ones on Suzukis, you never know when one of those will break. Honestly removing the fairings on the Daytona is pretty straight forward, unlike Japanese bikes that have so many hidden fragile tabs that you're guaranteed to break at least one of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement