Daytona 765 coming this year! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

post #11 of 33 Old 02-09-19, 01:27
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbeeb2 View Post
It's gotta be at the wheel right????
Nope. The Moto2 engine makes 135 at the wheel. No way the street bike will be anywhere close. This bike isn’t intended for peak horsepower; it’s all about midrange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 02-09-19, 10:13
Zaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Bodie View Post
Brembos, new styling, TC, unlocked ECU, lack of electrical special needs, HP increase.
Unlocked ECU and a steering head angle of 24 degrees is all I would want. The 2 things the '13 didn't have that would have made it perfection.
post #13 of 33 Old 02-09-19, 10:56
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
Practice launch with Augusto Fernandez at Valencia, Triumph 765:
https://www.facebook.com/EverythingM...8305106021798/

post #14 of 33 Old 02-09-19, 14:42
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbeeb2 View Post
It's gotta be at the wheel right????

so what would it take this bike to have for you to buy one? hp, electronics, suspension, brakes, you name it. curious what everyone is hoping for.
I suppose i could just post up my my F3 800 and that is about 85% there, minus the electronics and display!?

1. with the supplied race exhaust and ecu unlock (writable) at least 135-140rwhp and @ solid 60ft lbs of torque, good slipper clutch
2. The Ohlins Nix forks are good, the TTX shock needs to be upgraded, a proper adjustable steering damper.
3. Stylema calipers, brembo rotors, and master-a must.
4. electronics: launch control, wheelie control, corner abs, traction control, engine brake control, up & downshifter, gps datalogger.
5. lightweight forged aluminum.

If the moto 2 bike is only putting down 135rwhp, they are more concerned about reliability then i would of thought..

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #15 of 33 Old 02-09-19, 16:37
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
If the moto 2 bike is only putting down 135rwhp, they are more concerned about reliability then i would of thought..
For any single-make engine series, reliability is the first, second and third priority. Imagine the sh¡tstorm if half the field had engine failures just so Triumph could say they're getting 160 hp out of a 765.

Power is probably somewhere around fifth; it's almost irrelevant when everyone is on the same thing. The only good reason to bump power as high as reasonably possible is to prepare the riders for 240 hp GP bikes.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
Cheyenne Bodie (02-09-19)
post #16 of 33 Old 02-09-19, 22:59
csbeeb2

Quote:
I think it will be an exceptional bike, but personally not worth trading my '12 R for. Faster folks with different priorities might disagree.

Thats kind of what im getting at as well. The power of the engine clearly isnt going to be the big draw. Triumph makes is bread and butter off universal parts that span models (thinking thrux/bonnie/scrambler/speedmaster/america, daytona/street/tiger)I dont see a big push on tech which i think is the major moving point for the target segment they are aiming for (we are the target segment arent we?) and having a couple year experience working with triumph at a dealership im pretty skeptical ab out the whole thing but i really hope im wrong (which is the entire reason why i had to question if we are who they are aiming to sell these bikes to).

maybe im just telling myself this because ever since the announcement my wife has forbidden me from even the thought

Rip #69
post #17 of 33 Old 02-10-19, 13:26
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
Proportional to a 115HP 675, the 765 should have about 130HP.

Given both weights being 407lbs, the 765 would have about .319 power to weight ratio, and the 675 would have about .282. Getting an extra 10HP with an exhaust and tune out of the 765 would be around .343. What the actual weight differences are I can't speculate.

If they keep the 675 midrange and add top end to the 765 they would probably easily kill an R6 in the right hands.

I do like that Triumph does longer span models than other companies, but have fun upgrading an 06 675 to the 765 engine.
post #18 of 33 Old 02-10-19, 13:26
whirlybird

I'd like to see it come with an ECU that someone can actually work with and at least the option to add an autoblip which would mean a throttle by wire.

MRA #144

2017 MRA Thunderbike Class Champion

Sponsors:
XL3 Rigging, Rider's Discount, Imperial Sportbikes, Un!nk Printworks

2015 Triumph D675
post #19 of 33 Old 02-10-19, 21:54
ShaLaMae

Quote:
Proportional to a 115HP 675, the 765 should have about 130HP.

Given both weights being 407lbs, the 765 would have about .319 power to weight ratio, and the 675 would have about .282. Getting an extra 10HP with an exhaust and tune out of the 765 would be around .343. What the actual weight differences are I can't speculate.

If they keep the 675 midrange and add top end to the 765 they would probably easily kill an R6 in the right hands.

I do like that Triumph does longer span models than other companies, but have fun upgrading an 06 675 to the 765 engine.
Uhmm!!! (Eye roll) it can't compeat with a GSXR600 or an R6 or a ZX6 or any 600! It's not a middle weight any more it's a heavy weight . So it will compeat against the GSXR750. Don't like it unless a 675 is also available and the chance that happens is about Nill.
post #20 of 33 Old 02-10-19, 22:03
JonyB

Quote:
Brembos, new styling, TC, unlocked ECU, lack of electrical special needs, HP increase. The Daytona has always had a strong pedigree of being one of the best track day dedicated bikes off the shelf, but if they intend to compete with Yamaha or Suzuki nowadays they're building an expensive bike. I think it will be an exceptional bike, but personally not worth trading my '12 R for. Faster folks with different priorities might disagree.
Newer not necessarily faster... I'm with you on this one, as I prefer to stick with the Devil I know that jumping on the newer Devil that I don't... Especially cause I'm just good looking, but not made of money

Life's so much better on a bike!

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement