I need to buy a set of 2013 675 forks! - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-27-15, 15:10 Thread Starter
fastway racing
Junior Member
 
fastway racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I need to buy a set of 2013 675 forks!

I need a set of forks for a 2013 675 as well as a triple clamp. My question is are they the same as a Street Triple?
fastway racing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-27-15, 16:05
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner
 
Nastybutler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seward's Folly
Posts: 2,881
Thanks: 308
Thanked 126 Times in 115 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastway racing View Post
I need a set of forks for a 2013 675 as well as a triple clamp. My question is are they the same as a Street Triple?
Short answer is "no."

The long answer is that while the Street Triple R has basically the same forks as a Daytona, the spring rate is different, but otherwise could work. The regular Street Triple (non R) doesn't have adjustable forks, and won't work with the Daytona's brake calipers.

As for the triple tree, the ST3 has a different angle than the Daytona's, so geometry will be different. I think it would make the Daytona unstable at high speeds, but would increase tip in. Not sure about that last bit, or even if it's actually doable, since I don't know of anyone doing that swap. I may be talking out of my ass.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
Nastybutler is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 10-27-15, 17:52
Zaph
Senior Member
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 1,218
Thanks: 12
Thanked 136 Times in 104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
As for the triple tree, the ST3 has a different angle than the Daytona's, so geometry will be different. I think it would make the Daytona unstable at high speeds, but would increase tip in. Not sure about that last bit, or even if it's actually doable, since I don't know of anyone doing that swap. I may be talking out of my ass.
Actually, I think it would make the 13+ 675R more stable at speed since it's got a higher degree of rake. But I don't think it would fit the R's fork tubes. If it did, I would consider doing it so I didn't have to buy a set of apex triple clamps. The 13+ R's steering is too quick to a fault.
Zaph is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 10-27-15, 19:01
mszilves
Member
 
mszilves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 257
Thanks: 11
Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Actually, I think it would make the 13+ 675R more stable at speed since it's got a higher degree of rake. But I don't think it would fit the R's fork tubes. If it did, I would consider doing it so I didn't have to buy a set of apex triple clamps. The 13+ R's steering is too quick to a fault.
The rake is the same (set by the angle of the steering head in the frame), but the offset is different. You're right though, it will make the bike less twitchy and more stable at speed.

The regular Daytona forks will fit in the Street triple clamps, the 675R forks won't (you would have to bore out the lower triple).

On a side note, Zaph, I have the Attack clamps, and cannot say enough good things about them. I raced with them all season, and could consistently brake harder, trail further and get more feel and feedback leaned over than 2 other fellow 675 racers that were stock.

"It was the kind of situation that regularly sees many of the people who masquerade as motorcyclists and ride every third Sunday up their favourite local road (if it's sunny) to sit at a cafe and make broom broom noises with other pretend-motorcyclist-idiots, crash their brains out."
__
AFM #11R, WMRRA #11
http://www.hookit.com/members/markszilveszter/
2013 Daytona 675R - race bike
2013 Street Triple R - "other" bike
mszilves is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 10-27-15, 20:20
Zaph
Senior Member
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 1,218
Thanks: 12
Thanked 136 Times in 104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszilves View Post
The rake is the same (set by the angle of the steering head in the frame), but the offset is different. You're right though, it will make the bike less twitchy and more stable at speed.

The regular Daytona forks will fit in the Street triple clamps, the 675R forks won't (you would have to bore out the lower triple).

On a side note, Zaph, I have the Attack clamps, and cannot say enough good things about them. I raced with them all season, and could consistently brake harder, trail further and get more feel and feedback leaned over than 2 other fellow 675 racers that were stock.
Oh, ok. I knew it was something like that.

I'm resisting the attack triple clamps because of the price. But if I ever get serious with the bike I suppose I will have to do it.
Zaph is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 10-30-15, 16:50
castro675r
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Madison
Posts: 48
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any links to the attack triple?
castro675r is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 11-01-15, 09:18
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor
 
RidersDiscount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riders Discount
Posts: 13,096
Thanks: 90
Thanked 305 Times in 248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by castro675r View Post
Any links to the attack triple?
https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170586

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
RidersDiscount is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome