Street triple photo thread - Page 40 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #391 of 526 Old 09-18-15, 16:32
thousandwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_palmer22 View Post
Amazing difference. Bike pulls harder everywhere. Put down 115 at the rear wheel at 95 degrees and near 100%humidity. Best dollar per HP ever spent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Not to cntinue promoting the Daytona cams but I just can't help myself. A stock Street Triple produces between 90 and 95 hp at the wheel. So 115hp is at least a 20hp difference. Yes it's an absurdly huge change and doesn't affect the low in torque and even improves midrange torque. My bike is passing 50ftlbs at about 6-7k. 50 is about peak for a stock Street. Triumph should make the 675 motor in one configuration and this is it.

Shit. After all this there is no way I'm not doing the mod. My problem is that bike is still in warranty and I am not a big fan of voiding that by removing the engine head. Plus that I am a do-it-yourself kind of guy but never changed camshafts in my life before, so I am a little apprehensive of screwing up the swap and messing up the bike. Should be pretty straightforward right? Either of you did a write-up back when you did the mod? If not, would you mind putting together a quick-and-dirty how-to on the subject? Or at least point to a reliable how-to on it?

EDIT: Also, I just remembered something. I did look into possible sources for purchasing the camshafts some time ago, just to get a rough idea on prices. I cannot remember the exact sellers, but I do remember that at least some of them we selling what they were calling "race" daytona camshafts. Anybody knows more about this? Is is just a misnomer or there actually are proper "racing" profiled daytona camshafts on top of the regular daytona ones? I suspect both of you installed the regular, "street" daytona camshafts? I might actually start a new thread about this after I look into it again.

Last edited by thousandwords; 09-18-15 at 16:37.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 526 Old 09-18-15, 23:50
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
There is a couple write ups and a couple how tos on valve adjustment which is the same procedure. It doesn't require removing the head. You're just removing the cams same as you would need to do to adjust the valves. Installing the cams on a triple and keeping them timed correctly is far more challenging then with a four cylinder. Personally no matter how much of a do it your selfer you are unless you've at least done a four cylinder or have helped do this before I would let an experienced tech do it. At least in that case if they get it wrong they can fix it at their cost.

As for cams the race cams are a longer duration profile designed to go along with the entire race build kit. It doesn't play well with a stock motor. If you keep your eyes open you'll find used cams for less then $200. If you have any other questions please post it in one of the Daytona cam threads so as not to clutter this thread and lead it off topic any further.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacBandit For This Useful Post:
Gzblack2 (09-19-15), thousandwords (09-20-15)
post #393 of 526 Old 09-19-15, 12:40
b_palmer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandwords View Post
Shit. After all this there is no way I'm not doing the mod. My problem is that bike is still in warranty and I am not a big fan of voiding that by removing the engine head. Plus that I am a do-it-yourself kind of guy but never changed camshafts in my life before, so I am a little apprehensive of screwing up the swap and messing up the bike. Should be pretty straightforward right? Either of you did a write-up back when you did the mod? If not, would you mind putting together a quick-and-dirty how-to on the subject? Or at least point to a reliable how-to on it?

EDIT: Also, I just remembered something. I did look into possible sources for purchasing the camshafts some time ago, just to get a rough idea on prices. I cannot remember the exact sellers, but I do remember that at least some of them we selling what they were calling "race" daytona camshafts. Anybody knows more about this? Is is just a misnomer or there actually are proper "racing" profiled daytona camshafts on top of the regular daytona ones? I suspect both of you installed the regular, "street" daytona camshafts? I might actually start a new thread about this after I look into it again.
I posted this. It was a good bit of trial and error at first. But I tried to cover as much of that as possible in the write up. https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177754

13 D675R Track Bike
12 Street Triple R
Mods:
13+ Rad shrouds, blades, and sliders,Woodcraft engine covers, Quick shifter,Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator w/ ebay integrated tail light,BMC filter, Ohlins TTX from 675R, TRMN8TR modded header, Custom Competition Werkes can, Daytona Cams, Tuned with Tune ECU, 1050 throttle tube
11 Husaberg FS570
The Following User Says Thank You to b_palmer22 For This Useful Post:
thousandwords (09-20-15)

post #394 of 526 Old 09-21-15, 00:40
airrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_palmer22 View Post
I posted this. It was a good bit of trial and error at first. But I tried to cover as much of that as possible in the write up. https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177754
I'm interested in the Daytona Cams for my next mod the more I heard about it. Is there any concern about long term reliability?

I have a 2012 Street Triple and from my research, I would need a Daytona 09-12 cams. Can someone confirm?
post #395 of 526 Old 09-21-15, 12:33
Grazzo

Garage
Some riding Saturday morning in the Santa Cruz mountains.

- Grazzo
post #396 of 526 Old 09-25-15, 22:48
Gosling 1

Just picked up my slightly used 2014 STR, not the greatest pic but happy to finally have it in my garage!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9210017.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	180586  
post #397 of 526 Old 09-26-15, 23:19
Gzblack2

post #398 of 526 Old 09-27-15, 19:10

Garage

2010 Triumph ST3R
post #399 of 526 Old 09-28-15, 00:56
kenhoeve

The new bikes look sooooo good. I ordered my bike in 2007 sight unseen. She is still a beauty. Just a few mods makes this bike timeless with endless grins.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	180730  

08' Striple White- couple o' go fast bits
07' ZX6R- built tracker and faster than your liter bike
post #400 of 526 Old 09-28-15, 10:41
kknn24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhoeve View Post
She is still a beauty. Just a few mods makes this bike timeless with endless grins.
I agree completely about my 2010, timeless, beautiful and always a great ride.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01272.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	180753  

The more I ride my Street Trip, the more I want to ride my Street Trip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement