Kit parts? - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Hord Power Sponsor forum for Hord Power

post #21 of 22 Old 05-23-09, 11:28 Thread Starter
fast4fun
Threadstarter Threadstarter

l3, I also have the race filter. I dyno'd the bike before and after mods and went from 104 to 113hp overall with the arrow tune. No issues with idle or streetability. It's posted on here if you're interested in viewing it. I've lost track of the various iterations of exhausts but mine is the first generation header bought back in 06.

antrich, can you post your dyno charts if you have them? I'd be interested to see the difference. Not that I doubt you but too many people rely on "seat of the pants" impressions and when you've dropped $3k on a kit, your seat becomes a bit subjective. Also, who built your kitted bike? Dealer?

CCS #675 Midwest Expert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 05-26-09, 18:41
antirich

Well, as much as I'd like to take credit, the motor was built by the bike's former sponsor, Z1 race bikes out of Toronto. I was told the bike dynoed 120 on their conservative unit. The bike was built for the CBC Superstock series, which is dyno caped at 120 I believe.

Despite the cap, the previous pilot said it was still a challenge to keep up with the factory Japanese teams. I think they just have better parts and support. Still, the guy finished 10th in the series, and it was a true priveteer effort. Believe me, lots of little broken parts on the bike when I got it! Not something you'd see in a full factory effort.

They had an aftermarket race alernator on the bike which added 4HP and got the bike to rev much faster. Too bad it fried after one race :-(

I plan to dyno the bike and have a new map made. The one that came with it was crap at sea level and pump gas. I downloaded the map for the Arrow full system, kit parts and open air intake. Bike ran 100 times better, but still sounds like there's room for improvement. I think their map was pretty extreme, for it couldn't idle under 5000rpm worth a damn. I'm sure their other factors involved, and I'm far from an experienced race mechanic.

Right now the bike is on its way to Miller. I'll have it back in Jersey next week and hopefully on the dyno soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement