January Bike Deliveries - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #31 of 34 Old 12-19-05, 15:01
Sarchi
T675.net Founding Father...

Send a message via MSN to Sarchi Send a message via Skype™ to Sarchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by danch
Hmm - what magazine to young squids read in the states? I can't think of one published here that'd really appeal to that set - even Sport Rider tells people that their first sport bike should be a 500 or an old 600.
Squids don't read, they just look at the pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 12-19-05, 19:46
cerveja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by danch
Hmm - what magazine to young squids read in the states? I can't think of one published here that'd really appeal to that set - even Sport Rider tells people that their first sport bike should be a 500 or an old 600.
Squids don't read, they just look at the pictures.
That's not true. They have their own magazine "Two Wheel Tuner" http://www.2wtmag.com/ as well as their own board, "Two Wheel Forum" http://www.twowheelforum.com/. If you are searching for America's Finest & Squidliest Sportbike Community, you need look no farther then there. The magazine for a while was based out of Northern Detroit (Royal Oak to be precise for you MidWesterners) but have since moved to Georgia or someplace. ...and yes, there are plenty of pictures of scantily clad women draped all around chromed out Busa's and R1's with extended swing arms. But in typical magazien fashion, there are words, text, even sentences and actual letters to the editor, of course the words are real small and limited to two syllables.

??2006 Triumph 675 #332??
2002 Yamaha R6
1994 Yamaha FZR 600
1973 Kawasaki 500cc Triple
post #33 of 34 Old 12-20-05, 04:28
stabby

Send a message via MSN to stabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin

in any case, even if the triumph is 5mph slower at the top end, racing isnt about going fast, its about not going slow.

in other words, if you can maintain your average speed, even if your top speed suffers, you will be quicker.

with all that extra low and midrange grunt, the triumph is sure to shine. sepecially on a twisty demanding track like quatar......... which is probably why they went for it
yes but they are not racing, they are testing..and if half way down a longish straight the bike redlines in top..thats a negative and will be recorded as so.
They will forget that the bike threw them out of the short corners at a ballistic rate, they will forget that the bike was stuck to the tarmac pushing like mad on the long corners, it will be the issue that the bike topped out and the R6 didnīt (it did if I remember the article correctly but that wonīt be the issue).

Until the bikes are ridden side to side and back to back, the 675 will not be rated as high as the R6...and only then imvho will it be able to prove itself..or not as the case may be.
haha.....i have ridden round a uk track with some guys from PB a couple of times, they race ALL the time!

i disagree....if it posts a faster LAP TIME they will rave about it, top speed wont be so much of an issue. besides they already know its going to have a lower topspeed, triumph say its geared for 160mph.

PB have already hinted that they werent that impressed by the R6, it just being more of the same, and other magazenes are questiioning whether its too much for the road
Erm I know the journo from PB that tested the bike, and he thinks its the dogs bollox, just that the front is light.

Would be interested to know which tracks you rode in the UK. I ride a tricked up D650, masses of low down grunt. Now when I ride montmelo or Valencia GP tracks I am way down the order on lap times and any time I make good on the corners is stripped away on the straights (on GP lenth track you need top end).
As soon as we are riding shorter tracks (calafat, Almeria or Albecete) then I am generally quite high on the list. I am not the best rider, far from it. This is just down to shorter tracks suiting bottom end bikes.

And any journo, if he is pushing the bike and half way down the straight he runs out of top end...he will mention it. It is not about lap times at first, Triumph will be tested alone how the bike feels and how it performs.

As for the R6 being too much for the road, it will just be shit for the road imo, very few riders will be able to keep it buzzing around 12k revs all day. In cities I expect it will be a nightmare.

#96 Racer on hold

post #34 of 34 Old 12-20-05, 08:58
decipral

Send a message via Yahoo to decipral
Squids

As stated before, the squid magazines are 2WheelTuner and SuperStreetbike. SuperStreetBike is more of just a stunting mag with a few tricked out busa's and what not.

FORMER RIDE:CBR F4i- Gone But Not Forgotten
#223 Graphite Grey Daytona 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement