Triumph 675 Forums banner

Which Part Number? 2009 Daytona 675 Fuel Pump

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Renboy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Does anyone know the difference between the fuel pumps for the Daytona 675's throughout the years? It looks like there is two part numbers depending on the year of the Daytona. I am looking for a replacement fuel pump for my 2009. Bike Bandit shows that I need part T2401977. Bike Bandit also list T2400735 for later model Daytonas. Does anyone know if these parts are indeed the same part with different numbers? Can I use either part number? I am trying to locate a used fuel pump and it would be nice to be able to source either part. Thanks.

Sam

#4 ·
3rd gen fuel tanks are different and don't fit on earlier bikes.

Putting a 3rd gen pump in a 2nd gen bike, the low fuel light still works. Going vice versa, I don't know if the complete fuel gauge works because I have a race harness that disables it anyway. If there is the same internal plug on a 2nd gen pump for the fuel level float, then I'm sure it would work.

#7 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I have called Trumph USA and they are unsure of the differences other than the part numbers. Here are a couple pictures. One shows a picture of a fuel pump that looks like what I pulled out. The second picture is a newer part number and it looks different. Do we know if I can truly use either or?

Sam

Attachments

#9 ·
So it looks like these pumps are indeed different. The old pump appears to have two electrical plugs where as the newer style pump has one electrical plug. My 2009 Daytona has two electrical connections for the fuel tank on the bike. Looks like I must need the old style pump in order to have the appropriate electrical connections. Can someone confirm that the newer Daytonas only have one electrical connection for the fuel tank?

See attached pictures.

Attachments

#11 ·
Far Canal,
Thank you for the reply. This makes sense now. I was able to remove the low fuel sensor and transplant it to the new pump. Everything went smoothly. I am curious though. Since this sensor is not on the new fuel pumps, how does the low fuel light work on the newer Daytonas?

I was able to get everything back together and I am ready to install it. I will report back once installed. See attached pictures.

Attachments

#13 ·
Here’s my guess. My bet is the newer bikes including the 765 with the fuel level gauge use the same pump. However obviously the fuel level sensing device whether it be tape or a float is obviously different from the low level sending unit our bikes have. So what they’ve done is changed the part so that when you order the unit you only get the actual pump and if you need the fuel level sensor you have to order the appropriate one for your bike separately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.