Problems compared to Honda CBR - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 12 Old 08-13-19, 17:54
Larzzz

Send a message via AIM to Larzzz Send a message via MSN to Larzzz Send a message via Yahoo to Larzzz
I loved my 675 but the motor blew on me @12k!!!! Immaculate condition and meticulously maintained...seems to be a common problem for the 07's (which i had). Spun bearing in #2 cylinder, destroyed the crank! I will never buy another triumph again! so disappointed but a gorgeous bike...loved the sound too! Oh and btw....parts are very expensive and hard to find compared to Jap bikes..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 08-14-19, 00:19
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
Are there any other reliability modifications you've done apart from:
- Heat Exchanger,
- Water/oil pump
- Cam Chain Tensioner
There are numerous things that you can do on every bike to reduce the chance of failure. Checking harness routing and securing it properly so there are no sharp bends. checking torque on all bolts but especially any with gaskets sometimes several times over the first few thousand miles. Making sure everything is torqued to spec and greased properly. Making sure all electrical connections are tight and clean. Beyond that the ones you mentioned are important for heavy duty high temp or extended high rpm running. The most important is replacing the original rectifier that cam on the pre-10 models is pretty important as it failing can cause long term cascade failures in any or all electrical parts on the bike.

Itís also important when cleaning the bike not to hose directly into any electrical part. They deal well with rain but not water pushed in at pressure at weird angles.

Keep in mind that catastrophic failure can happen on any brand itís unfortunate but it happens. As for parts yes there are far less used parts and they cost more. New parts cost about the same as Japanese brands. Triumph does have issues with parts availability on unusual parts and occasionally on common parts. But as a whole they are far better then most low production brands like Ducati, MV, Aprilia. People donít think of them as a exotic brand but by the production numbers they definitely are.
The Following User Says Thank You to MacBandit For This Useful Post:
Plasmablaster (08-14-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement