ATTN: Track Day Riders and Those Who Want to Try the Track (2012) - Page 87 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #861 of 868 Old 05-22-12, 09:57
RNYC

Quote:
That was me!! I was on my way to Boston. Should have honked or said hello!
Awesome. I was the guy that complimented your bike as you were pulling in, then got into the Jeep and headed out. We saw you ride by the traffic later, making better progress than we were. I hope the rest of your ride was better, traffic-wise, maybe on the parkway or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #862 of 868 Old 05-22-12, 10:15 Thread Starter
tapcon
Surfer of the lear
Threadstarter Threadstarter

I finally got a little down time to get on the Forum...

First of all, thank you all for your compliments and gratitude. However, the day was only as good as we ALL made it. It was incredibly refreshing to see everyone out there having a good time. It was great seeing familiar faces, and meeting new members as well. We couldn't have asked for better weather! Despite the few mishaps, I feel as though this year's 675.net track day was the best one yet.

I want to thank John for helping me out getting things wrapped up, and for letting me use his bike...again . In fact, I have to give a shout out to Pete and Rob for letting me use their bikes for a session as well.

EVERYONE looked great out there. ART I did fantastic, and I hope you all keep riding on the track.

A special shout out to TJ (Riders Discount) for helping us with the raffle, and of course TPM for hosting such a terrific event. Which reminds me...Congrats to the following:

CATSNO900X - Third Prize Winner (Free Track Day)
Bushmaster86 - Second Prize Winner (Set of Pirelli DRC Tires)
Pyroking339 - Grand Prize Winner (Set of Signature Armour Bodies Track Plastics)

Plans are already being made for next year's track day. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me.

Again, thank you all for making this a terrific day, and I truly hope to see you guys out there this season.

Last edited by tapcon; 05-22-12 at 10:37.
post #863 of 868 Old 05-22-12, 10:48
pyroking339

Huge thanks to Tom and John and Team Pro Motion! I had a great time riding and talking to a lot of you guys! Despite the drive, I think I'll be trying to make this an annual event now. The coaches and ARTI class sessions were great and better than my previous experiences. I don't think my post-wreck return to the track could have gone any better! It was a great experience.

My only suggestion would be before the day, organize a group picture during lunch, when everyone is available. Have everyone line their bikes up somewhere and take a picture with and without riders...

post #864 of 868 Old 05-22-12, 11:19
Jstu202
John the Jersey Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroking339 View Post
Huge thanks to Tom and John and Team Pro Motion! I had a great time riding and talking to a lot of you guys! Despite the drive, I think I'll be trying to make this an annual event now. The coaches and ARTI class sessions were great and better than my previous experiences. I don't think my post-wreck return to the track could have gone any better! It was a great experience.

My only suggestion would be before the day, organize a group picture during lunch, when everyone is available. Have everyone line their bikes up somewhere and take a picture with and without riders...
Tom and I both slapped our foreheads because we forgot to set that up.

CCS Expert # 900 STT - Advanced TPM - Advanced NESBA - Advanced TTD - Advanced
Spammer Kill Count - 221 "Piranha Gun! Oh Yeaaa!!"
Ridersdiscount
- BridgewaterAcura - VIP Honda
"Death smiles at us all, All a man can do is smile back."
post #865 of 868 Old 05-22-12, 14:11
soulpatch

I would love for it to be two days again next year. More importantly I want soulpatch to be named grand prize winner...

I agree on the pic idea. We could all line up on the straightaway and get a good group shot
post #866 of 868 Old 05-22-12, 21:00
sideshow bob

I would love to do a two day, one more day of riding and and evening of socializing with the 675ers.
I love the group shot idea too.
post #867 of 868 Old 05-23-12, 03:08
Tripped1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstu202 View Post
Tom and I both slapped our foreheads because we forgot to set that up.
****, does that mean next year I have to actually make the bike pretty.

I think myself and the guy next to me were having a contest to see who could throw more tape on bike.

2000 Speed Triple
2009 Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2faded View Post

.....says "not for street use" as well.. or it did till i grinded it off with the dremel
post #868 of 868 Old 05-23-12, 13:23
pyroking339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
****, does that mean next year I have to actually make the bike pretty.

I think myself and the guy next to me were having a contest to see who could throw more tape on bike.
You could do some pretty cool stuff with tape, if you wanted. Just get different colors. I mean, who needs paint, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement