13-14 Daytona 675 [R] Problems/Issues - Page 83 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #821 of 828 Old 01-27-19, 18:11
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Maximum View Post
2017 Daytona 675R, 13500 miles on it

I have oil leaking from the left side of the sump/pan. Right side is clean. Can't seem to find any damage. Using Motul Racing 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic.
I suggest you remove every bolt and loctite them then re-torque. Bolts being loose is a common issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #822 of 828 Old 01-29-19, 17:34
Duff

Exclamation 675Rx Battery access

Can anyone explain how to get to the battery on my 2015 Rx?
The hump comes off with the key ok but I cannot see any release catch or bolts to enable me to remove the seat?
post #823 of 828 Old 01-29-19, 23:04
Kevin7909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Can anyone explain how to get to the battery on my 2015 Rx?
The hump comes off with the key ok but I cannot see any release catch or bolts to enable me to remove the seat?
There are two seat bolts. One on the left and the other on the right. Both are to the rear of the seat. Lift up the rear corners of the seat and you will see the mounting bolts.

post #824 of 828 Old 01-30-19, 19:11
Magnum Maximum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7909 View Post
Quote:

I have oil leaking from the left side of the sump/pan. Right side is clean. Can't seem to find any damage. Using Motul Racing 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic.
I suggest you remove every bolt and loctite them then re-torque. Bolts being loose is a common issue.
I'll probably have to take the bike to the dealer to do this because I don't want to screw up re-torqueing bolts to the oil sump/pan.
post #825 of 828 Old 01-30-19, 21:02
Kevin7909

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll probably have to take the bike to the dealer to do this because I don't want to screw up re-torqueing bolts to the oil sump/pan.
The dealer will likely not loctite the bolts but worth asking. If you change your mind the torque wrench is relatively inexpensive and the service manual goes through the sequence of tightening the bolts.
post #826 of 828 Old 01-31-19, 15:02
Magnum Maximum

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The dealer will likely not loctite the bolts but worth asking. If you change your mind the torque wrench is relatively inexpensive and the service manual goes through the sequence of tightening the bolts.
I had personally asked them to do that and they said that would. However, they also mentioned that re-torquing the bolts was part of the process of regularly servicing the bike - which in all my years of working on cars and bikes is unheard of. That stuff is supposed to stay torqued into place from the manufacturer and only becomes an issue over time from normal wear and tear. Every 6,000 miles exceeds the pace of what would be considered normal wear and tear.
post #827 of 828 Old 01-31-19, 22:19
Kevin7909

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I had personally asked them to do that and they said that would. However, they also mentioned that re-torquing the bolts was part of the process of regularly servicing the bike - which in all my years of working on cars and bikes is unheard of. That stuff is supposed to stay torqued into place from the manufacturer and only becomes an issue over time from normal wear and tear. Every 6,000 miles exceeds the pace of what would be considered normal wear and tear.
With loctite this problem disappears. Unless there is a bigger issue (cross threaded bolts, etc.), you won't need to re-torque those bolts.
post #828 of 828 Old 02-02-19, 04:18
Magnum Maximum

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With loctite this problem disappears. Unless there is a bigger issue (cross threaded bolts, etc.), you won't need to re-torque those bolts.
So not only did they loctite the bolts for me, but they replaced the gasket, a bolt that apparently went missing around my engine cover, and fixed the left mirror that I reported being loose and had it all covered under warranty so that non of it would come out of pocket from me. This is a dealership that I'm happy to do business with and recommend my friends to go to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement