Which helmet you prefer or recomend? - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Polls 675/motorcycle polls

View Poll Results: Which helmets you prefer or recomended??
Arai 169 28.79%
Shoei 178 30.32%
AGV 36 6.13%
Suomy 40 6.81%
Shark 38 6.47%
Scorpion 40 6.81%
Other 86 14.65%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

post #41 of 164 Old 02-01-08, 03:04
chuxter

Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZRaceR6 View Post
Actually, all the helmets you have listed are bottom of the todem pole helmets anyway.
That's interesting. Living in a state that currently has no law requiring the use of head protection, I'm just trying to acquire something that's both economical and DOT and/or Snell approved, like my little MSF manual instructs. (Aw man,... now I wonder where all the rest of the gear that I got ranks on the todem pole )

It'd be nice to know which helmet company or companies do most of the manufacturing for the other helmet companies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 164 Old 02-01-08, 04:11
Evil675

Send a message via MSN to Evil675
Do you guys have access to OGK Helmets over in the States? I've got on here in Aus and I dont think I'll be moving to any other brand anytime soon.

I find it much more comfortable than the ARAI/Shoei helmets that I've tried on in different stores!!!
post #43 of 164 Old 02-01-08, 12:57
TZRaceR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxter View Post
That's interesting. Living in a state that currently has no law requiring the use of head protection, I'm just trying to acquire something that's both economical and DOT and/or Snell approved, like my little MSF manual instructs. (Aw man,... now I wonder where all the rest of the gear that I got ranks on the todem pole )

It'd be nice to know which helmet company or companies do most of the manufacturing for the other helmet companies.
You want to be economical, and that doesn't mean you have to buy some of the more crappy helmets on the market. As for DOT and SNELL, I don't like either one of those certifications. I'm a BSI cert person. AGV (XR-2 and Ti-Tech) and Suomy (Vandal, Spec 1R and Extreme) are the helmets I recommend. But those are probably more than you want to spend.

Best alternative I can recommend is the OGK FF-4. You can get them for $199.99 at this site, based in California. Limited colors though.
http://ogk-helmet.com/html/index.htm

post #44 of 164 Old 02-01-08, 18:46
Evil675

I think OGK have just released the FF5 aswell ..... not sure on if its hit the shelves yet, just read an article in a magazine about it.

http://www.moto-works.jp/ogk/index.html

Last edited by Evil675; 02-01-08 at 18:53.
post #45 of 164 Old 02-06-08, 18:26
ollie

I went for an AGV Ti-tech based on reviews.

Getting a good fitting helmet is a black art though don't you think. My ti-tech was way too tight initially, used to nearly take me ears with it when I took it off, but the guy at the shop said buy as tight as you can bear - and after a good few hours use it is absolutely comfortable, and a perfect fit for my bonce.

I imagine if I'd bought one that felt like a good fit IN the shop, it'd be loose now?
post #46 of 164 Old 02-11-08, 21:58 Thread Starter
toxidomask
Threadstarter Threadstarter

thanks for OGK info... wow.. I have the FF4 love that thing, need to know more infor about the FF5, maybe a next helmet.??
post #47 of 164 Old 02-12-08, 09:19
Evil675

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing .... would prefer to have one to try on before I fork out the cash on it, sucks that its only available from the link above at the moment (apparently) .... if it fits like my current one I'll be buying it in a heartbeat.

In love with the graphics on the Scream!!!
post #48 of 164 Old 02-14-08, 13:21
Z750?

started with shoei xr 900... then shoei raid II

after i tried an arai, "you never come back" hehehe
2 arai condor (shiny black / frost silver)
1 arai chaser (was black frost, now personalized 675 SE :-))
1 arai rx7 corsair (edwards number 5 yellow)

had an accident with this one at +/- 120kph
post #49 of 164 Old 03-11-08, 18:13
Triple Threat 675

I have a Shoei RF-1000 Nerve. It's super comfortable, lightweight and doesn't fog up too much in the mornings. I would buy another one.

You are nothing but poor american that feeds only burger, a cheap harlot , that will die of heart attack eating burger.
post #50 of 164 Old 03-12-08, 00:32
motoman_AZ
Race Team Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to motoman_AZ
I stopped into Cycle Gear on today to get my visor mechanism repaired on my KBC helmet.... I thought I liked this helmet at first, but I don't think I knew how to size a helmet for my riding style. Over the last year and a half the helmet got more loose on my head, drifted at high speed and lots of wind noise....

Well Kyle and I fought and fought with this helmet trying to get a new shield and mechanisms to work right to no avail.. I asked if he would warranty the helmet and he said let's see what I can do....

He came back with a generous offer to buy back the helmet. Shoei had $50 off any helmet and if you did the Cycle Gear 90 days same as cash they gave you and additional 10% off.....

Needless to say I walked out of there with a new Shoei RF-1000 Joust TC-1 Red.

I cannot believe the difference in fit, noise, clarity, stability (low buffeting) and workmanship in this helmet compared to my KBC! Super kudos to the Cycle Gear folks..specifically Kyle for all his help in getting me into a better helmet for me!!!

Old Helmet

Greg
aka Motoman
www.emotoman.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement