NHTSA Recall - Regulator/Rectifier 2006-2009 - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

post #11 of 29 Old 04-29-13, 10:52
zerocool29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
sucks for those who already had them replaced with a Rick's stator and r/r?! Oh well....
Hiya, Did you get the OEM version from Ricks? If so, you still might be covered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 05-05-13, 17:15
spike_africa

I got a new one from the dealer with the upgraded bracket, wiring harness, and new style R/R. I gave them my old Ricks units even though it still worked. Because its free and I would rather have the triumph upgrade done with the relocation bracket to move the R/R away from the engine.

2009 Black Street Triple- Mine
2009 White 696 Ducati Monster- Hers
post #13 of 29 Old 05-22-13, 13:03
Bmore

Garage
So I just bought a used '07 with almost 15K miles. I figured if the R/R hadn't gone by now, maybe it never will. I kinda ran it hard one night and the next morning it wouldn't start. I swapped batteries - it's the same battery as the 1199 Panigales at work. I rode around at night and it seemed like the headlights were dimming, and the Dash was definitely dimming. Back at work we tested the charging system and determined it was not the alternator and that it was probably the R/R. So I called Pete's Cycle in Baltimore, they checked my VIN, and said there was indeed a recall for that part. I dropped it off Monday, they said it'd take a week. I'll update next week then.

UPDATE: Picked up the bike a week later (yesterday). Everything is fine so far.

Last edited by Bmore; 05-29-13 at 16:06.

post #14 of 29 Old 06-19-13, 11:17
Data

Man, wish I knew about this. I have an '07. Last summer I broke down on the side of the road, dead cell phone, dont remember any numbers because they are all in said dead phone. I eventually got home and got my trailer, towed it home, swapped out the R/R with one that can handle more heat. Sounds like I could of had it done under recall. Too late, I'm just glad it didnt happen on the race track. Def get this part swapped out if you haven't already.
post #15 of 29 Old 06-27-14, 16:18
Ride675

If I order the OEM part through BikeBandit, which orders directly from Triumph, I should end up with the latest R/R, correct? They are saying about three weeks total processing time.

Is the new R/R just a rebranding of something available (quicker) from somewhere else?

If I don't go with the new OEM version, what R/R is just as good or better that is easy plug and play and remains in same position in front of the rear shock and where can I order it from? I did read the other, older thread on R/R issues. Since this recall occurred after much of what was written in that thread, I'm looking for new information.

I've changed too many batteries, but haven't been stranded yet. Dealer wants me to park bike at their shop and call me back when part comes in. That is probably a one month ordeal so I'm doing it myself.

Thanks,

ride675
2007 Daytona 675

"Give me a ping, Vasily. One ping only please."
post #16 of 29 Old 06-27-14, 16:34
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Triumph ships out warranty part 2 day air. If it's on. Back order they just need to look at your bike verify vin and place the warranty and call you when it comes in. They do not need to keep the bike.
post #17 of 29 Old 07-30-15, 21:47
Snowman1985

Weird question. Everywhere I have read says this is for 06-09 models but my 2011 vin comes back needing this recall done. Checked both Canadian and American Triumph sites as well as the government site. The dealer said their info says to replace it too. So they are ordering the parts and calling back for an appointment.

Then I got concerned and thought maybe I was somehow scammed into an older Daytona masked as a 2011 but all vin readers say 2011. That would also be a lot of work for a scam netting little extra cash.

Anyone every heard of this?

2011 Daytona. OEM Quickshifter, Zero Gravity DB, Saddlemen Track CF, TechSpecs, Morimoto Mini HID Retrofit
post #18 of 29 Old 07-30-15, 22:37
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't know where you're seeing through 2009. The recall didn't even start until mid 2010 after 2011 models were already on the floor. it possible that even some 2012s slipped though before they got the replacement rectifiers into the production line.
post #19 of 29 Old 07-30-15, 22:41
Snowman1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
I don't know where you're seeing through 2009. The recall didn't even start until mid 2010 after 2011 models were already on the floor. it possible that even some 2012s slipped though before they got the replacement rectifiers into the production line.
Even the first post in this thread says 06-09. The very title says it. As does every listing for the recall.
Just because the recall wasn't issue until later doesn't mean they didn't fix the problem on newer models. Takes a lot of failing to require a recall but only a little to warrant a change in manufacturing.

2011 Daytona. OEM Quickshifter, Zero Gravity DB, Saddlemen Track CF, TechSpecs, Morimoto Mini HID Retrofit
post #20 of 29 Old 07-30-15, 22:43
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
The reason I know they didn't fix it right away is because I was working at the dealership at the time. Whoever posted through 09 is straight up wrong. I was at the Tiger 800 school in the spring of 2010 and at that time they were still choosing to ignore the issue. I told the instructor that I felt it was a safety issue. All it takes is a bike to die in the middle of the freeway during rush hour and the rider to get hit and killed and you'll have a major lawsuit on your hands. He said I had a good point.

I'm not sure wh y the NHTSA reports even lists years because Triumph documents did not. Just vins as some bikes were through some years and others though a different set of years. It was very dependent on the specific model and production location. The only thing consistent was the vin range.

Last edited by MacBandit; 07-30-15 at 22:48.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement