Going to add in what I've done to this thread. Seems a simple enough way to continue with what I've already done.
I haven't exactly been that busy on the bike, but I've still been working on it to get it to a point where I can call it quits on tinkering and just enjoy it.
First thing first, I was tired of the dingy valve cover, so I decided to do something about it.
First things first, I stripped it to bare metal:
I spent some time taping it off:
First attempt with the VHT wrinkle paint didn't turn out well. Went just a touch too heavy with the coats:
So I stripped and taped it off again:
The second time I decided to apply the paint horizontally, and follow the directions to a T. It worked, paint laid beautifully:
After about an hour of sitting, the wrinkle magic began:
24 hours later, I baked the valve cover to make sure the paint was nice and cured prior to install:
Speaking of install:
Next, I pulled the old plugs which had never been gapped, and gapped and installed the new plugs:
Next on the list, I installed a set of Driven SAI blockoffs and re-installed the spark plug igniters and wiring:
Also while I was in there, I reset adaptation and sync'd the throttle bodies:
Finally, I cleaned and oiled the air filter and put the top end back together:
Finally, I did an oil change:
And the bike all back together:
I also recently moved to Virginia, and knew that the bike would need an inspection in order to be registered here. I'm not a fan of having stickers on the bike, so I had my machinist manufacture a mounting plate:
I took the plate and the spacers and painted them with epoxy paint:
The result looked awesome:
Finally, I installed it using the left side fender bolt holes. Nice and inconspicuous, and 100% removable:
I also received some goodies from The Retrofit Source, and an extra headlight to play with. Disassembly commenced:
I had my machinist manufacture me a set of brackets for Mini-H1 projectors:
After a lot of test fitting, trimming, sanding, prepping, and painting, the parts were finally ready to work together:
I got the projectors mounted with their shrouds in the new brackets, and set up the wiring for the high beam solenoids:
Then the projector assemblies found their way into the housing, and the high beam solenoids were connected to their new connectors:
One last quick test-fit of the trim pieces with the new projectors and shrouds:
Anyway, that's got me up to date. Can't wait to finish the headlight project, and I have a few other goodies up my sleeve too.