The official triumph675.net Australian lap time Leaderboard!!!! - Page 25 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

post #241 of 249 Old 03-10-17, 05:43
Davidr

Good times Crouchy. Looks like you had a better day than me.

Saturday my battery died heading out for the second session and the only replacement within cooey cost me $220 - At least it was a LiPho. (And then I had to buy a new charger to suit)
On Race day I was travelling OK, steadily improving after a horribly slow start, then my gearing mucked up and i couldn't change down from 3rd to 2nd at any speed.
Given turns 2, 3, 5, & 7 are all 2nd gear for me it totally screwed me up. Worse, it was dangerous, as if I did manage to get it into gear after hitting a "false neutral" it would lock up and scare the crappers out of anyone following behind. The last straw was then I managed one time to get it into second and then it jumped out half way around turn 3, completely losing drive. The poor rider behind me had to leave the track to avoid hitting me. Too dangerous to keep trying to sort it out on track so had to pull out of that race (the Reece Bancell) and missed the next 2. So all in all a very expensive weekend for not much riding.

Was a 2008 Tornado Red D675 (got broken)
Now a red 2010 RSV4R (that used to be black)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 249 Old 03-14-17, 06:12
Crouchy

Garage
Bummer dude, the joys of motor racing hey!? There were a few gearbox issues out there last weekend.

Have you managed to get to the bottom of your problems?

I'm planning to head out to Mallala again on Saturday, looks like it's gonna be another hot one up there though.

Track: 2008 Daytona 675: Two Bros slip-on, de-cat and exh. valve removed, MH Plus quickshifter, Motionlogics rearsets, SAI block, 1050 throttle tube
Street: 2010 Street Triple R: Stock
post #243 of 249 Old 03-14-17, 07:49
Davidr

Thanks. Its in the shop now.
(More $)

Was a 2008 Tornado Red D675 (got broken)
Now a red 2010 RSV4R (that used to be black)

post #244 of 249 Old 07-03-17, 18:05
Crouchy

Garage
New Mallala PB - into the red group next month!
Crouchy...Mallala...01/07/17...08 Daytona 675... stock suspension...Alpha 13z front & rear....1:15.30

Installed 520 chain and sprockets since last outing. A noticeable improvement in acceleration and it brought the rear approx 20mm forward. Loving T2 now!

Last edited by Crouchy; 07-03-17 at 18:20.
post #245 of 249 Old 09-06-17, 17:37
Crouchy

Garage
Mac Park...27/08/17...08 Daytona 675...Stock suspension...Dunlop Alpha 13z... 1.17.22.

Master of Mac Park race meeting. Fastest lap of the weekend was the second last lap of the weekend! (Chasing a ZX10).
Had the best weekend. Camped at the track Wednesday-Monday.
Placed 3rd in Supersport for the weekend!!

Track: 2008 Daytona 675: Two Bros slip-on, de-cat and exh. valve removed, MH Plus quickshifter, Motionlogics rearsets, SAI block, 1050 throttle tube
post #246 of 249 Old 11-27-17, 06:48
Crouchy

Garage
Into the teens earlier this year, and now nearly out of the teens!
Mallala CAFNIX Rd3/Adelaide 3Hr meeting 24-26 Nov 2017.
2008 Daytona 675.
New PB 1:13.262
Stock suspension (re-valved by Hoey Suspension), Metzeler Racetech RR Slicks K1 front and rear.

I finished with a 3rd place in Supersport again.

Looking at throwing a quickshifter and maybe tune at the old girl between now and Rd 3 SA titles (9-10 Dec). GIDDY UP!!

Last edited by Crouchy; 11-28-17 at 00:28.
post #247 of 249 Old 12-05-17, 23:46
Crouchy

Garage
I'm not sure how many people still frequent this page, but I was hoping to somehow get in contact with the original spreadsheet owner @Rorz to assume ownership and keep the page up and running.
Can anybody help me out? I have already submitted a request via the spreadsheet document owner prompt.
Cheers

post #248 of 249 Old 12-06-17, 00:08
bluedaytona02

Rorz used to race with one of the clubs that used Lala. Someone should remember his white and candy green Gixxer... with all the fruit.
He used to load his race bikes in a Commodore ute and traipse back and forth between Adelaide and PI while he was working on the DeSal plant. He might be up the mines by now...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Current: '06 Daytona 675 ('08 BEARS winning bike - Chris Panayi) White with Pitty's Custom Vinyls TTC decals STM Slipper Clutch Braking wave rotors with folding/adjustable levers GB engine covers Valter Moto Rearsets Race kit detent wheel & idle adjuster 1050 throttle tube Captive Wheel Spacers MotoGems bling Vortex clip-ons, Stomp grip 520 conversion Puig screen Madaz slip-on Intake flapper & Ex-up removed Swing-arm pivot mod. Thinner head gasket Custom tune
The Following User Says Thank You to bluedaytona02 For This Useful Post:
Crouchy (01-07-18)
post #249 of 249 Old 01-07-18, 20:58
Crouchy

Garage
I have contacted Rorz and am trying to get read/write access to the spreadsheet. If this can't be done I might copy and have it placed as a sticky.

Also an updated Mallala PB - OUT OF THE TEENS! :)

Mallala SA Title/CAFNIX Rd 4, 11 Dec 2017.
1.12:72
Front suspension Racetech springs (1.0)
Rear suspension: Stock
F&R Pirelli Superbike SC1

Unfortunately even with the new time, I had big front ends issues and crashed twice. Pretty bummed about it at the time (it still stings a bit now!) as I was running in the top 3 behind Arthur Sissis and the very fast and now SA Supersport champ Nick Connelly. Arthur had mechanical failure which would have seen me (theoretically) running in the top 2 if I had have kept the damned thing upright!!

Ah well - onwards and upwards for 2018.

For info, the first race is Feb 10/11 at Mallala. This will be Rd 1 of the SA title.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement