Triumph Triple Challenge 2011 - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
The 675-Only Triumph Triple Challenge Series (UK) The forum for the UK based 675 Race Series!

post #11 of 166 Old 11-16-10, 15:29
Arold

Wow 38 bike gride, that will make qualifying a challenge, should be good for the championship, and the paying public.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 166 Old 11-17-10, 04:06 Thread Starter
spartan
Threadstarter Threadstarter

You are right. A 38 bike grid will look and sound brilliant on the track.

We have spent a lot of time during the closed season thinking about extending the spectacle and entertainment to the area that we occupy off track. You are right that the public have paid good money to get into a BSB event and there is no reason why the entertainment should stop when there is no actual race.

We will be creating a Triumph Village. We are going to have a large marquee that will house the Challenge bikes as well as the T3 Racing Superstock Team and the T3 Racing Supersport Team. We will also have a 40 foot race support truck with a double awning. In there will be tyre fitting, offices, meeting area, hospitality and a commercial area for our sponsors. We will always be in an area that is accessible to the public and we really want the public to come in and see us. We think this is important for the public to gain maximum enjoyment from what we do. It is always different just watching a race to watching a race a rooting for a racer that you've just had an enjoyable chat with. Who knows, that chat could lead to that racer being sponsored (by definition that member of the public is a bike racing enthusiast). Remember though, Triumph have tasked us to try and find a British Champion - no reason why the race going public shouldn't give us a hand.

Being out in the public area also gives us a chance to put on a bit of a show when we move from the village to the grid - watch out for that!!
post #13 of 166 Old 11-19-10, 04:34 Thread Starter
spartan

Some excellent meetings this week with sponsors and suppliers.

We had a meeting with an oil supplier that went very well. No details yet because the ink isn't dry.

Another meeting with an exhaust supplier. That one could be a bit special but again ink not dry.

Another meeting with a tool supplier. The ink is dry on this one. They will be supplying personalised Teng tool boxes for use is The Championship of each rider. They have also kindly agreed to give a 45% discount to Championship riders off Teng tools that are ordered via The Championship.

post #14 of 166 Old 11-22-10, 13:50 Thread Starter
spartan

Here is the latest that we have on dates and venues. I need to make it really clear that at this stage these are PROVISIONAL. The ink is nowhere near dry on these dates. I would also like to point out that the venue on 11th/12th June is not confirmed yet.

MSVR are doing their best to get us this list of dates. Personally I think that if they could pull this list off for us they would have done a brilliant job for us.

April 24/25 Brands Hatch
May 1/ 2 Oulton Park
May 29/30 Thruxton
June 11/12 Silverstone British Grand Prix Ė TBC
July 2/3 Snetterton
Aug 6/7 Brands Hatch
Aug 28/29 Cadwell Park
Sept 10/11 Donington
Sept 24/25 Silverstone

Anyway this gives you an idea of what we are trying to achieve.
post #15 of 166 Old 11-22-10, 13:58 Thread Starter
spartan

The applications spreadsheet is up to 61 as of last Saturday.

I spoke to Tony on Saturday about this. I think that we are going to start taking the deposits now. In the unlikely event that something went wrong folks would simply get their money back. At least if we take deposits now we can sort out invoices at 17.5% VAT (instead of 20% on 1st Jan) and people will know where they are for next year.
post #16 of 166 Old 11-22-10, 16:40
Beanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post
Some excellent meetings this week with sponsors and suppliers.

Another meeting with an exhaust supplier. That one could be a bit special but again ink not dry.
Has this been finalised Paul? are they changing exhaust supplier, what does that mean for bikes in last years spec? #how about suspension? is that changing?

ATB Dale
post #17 of 166 Old 11-23-10, 04:07 Thread Starter
spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Has this been finalised Paul? are they changing exhaust supplier, what does that mean for bikes in last years spec? #how about suspension? is that changing?

ATB Dale

Has this been finalised Paul? No
Are they changing exhaust supplier No plans to
What does that mean for bikes in last years spec? No impact
How about suspension? is that changing? No plans to

Dale I am being a little guarded in my responses because, as I must keep letting you all know the information I give is correct at the point I write it.

If I read between the lines of what you are saying and just say that one of the basic axioms of the series is to provide value for money racing. Everything we do is driven by that. This applies to folks returning with last years bike as well as folks buying new ones this year.
post #18 of 166 Old 11-23-10, 08:30
Arold

I think the changing of the exhaust (not manufacturer) was talked about at the end of the racing season, this was to remove the catalytic converter and the crap that goes with it, clearly this would mean re-maping the ECU, but will give 5 -6 BHP more, surly this is something we all want. I would welcome this change as it will bring the bikes a lot closer to a superstock 600 spec for those who may wish to progress into that class at a later date.

A positive move i think.
post #19 of 166 Old 11-24-10, 09:36
Beanz

Agreed...

Paul how many confirmed deposits have you taken for the series?
post #20 of 166 Old 11-24-10, 12:42 Thread Starter
spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Agreed...

Paul how many confirmed deposits have you taken for the series?
Don't know exactly Dale - less than 10 though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement